• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Modular Helmet

mod helmet

I have bombardier helmet and have had no luck at all with the electric visor , have gone through 3 visors and no good and very overpriced buy another make, some good ones much cheaper

energeezer said:
jimmie d said:
You get what you pay for in modular helmets so be careful.

Jim

Agreed

I shelled out the bucks and got a BV2S.
Hands down the best helmet I've ever had. We rode in -30 last year and I did not need a balaclava. No leaks and warm with no fogging. This is the only non electric visor helmet I have ever seen that you can sit still and not have to raise the visor to prevent fogging. The sun visor is nice. Its the only helmet I've seen that will allow you to wear glasses. Superwide viewing area really opens up your field of vision.
As an added bonus. If you use communicators this model will take the Collett DMS sno-fone which uses a mic in the breath mask. This works much better than the voice tube types used on other helmets. Its really like talking on the phone.
The only negatives I can think of are the fact that it is so warm and there are no vents. On real warm days it can be an issue but you can still just open the visor a crack for venting. Another issue is the moisture collectors used in the breath box. You need to carry a few with you in a plastic bag and switch them out a few times on a big ride. Not a big deal. They are cheap and you can dry them out at home then use them again. Lastly as with all modulars they are not as strong across the jaw area as a motocross type helmet and therefore can only be Dot certified.

I agree the only drawback is that it's a *very* warm helmet, especially when using the thin balaclava designed for it. I've found myself only using it during the really cold months; as soon as the temp gets warmer than -10C I break out my old motocross helmet and goggles. Other than that it's a great helmet, no fogging at all.

energeezer said:
jimmie d said:
You get what you pay for in modular helmets so be careful.

Jim

Agreed

I shelled out the bucks and got a BV2S.
Hands down the best helmet I've ever had. We rode in -30 last year and I did not need a balaclava. No leaks and warm with no fogging. This is the only non electric visor helmet I have ever seen that you can sit still and not have to raise the visor to prevent fogging. The sun visor is nice. Its the only helmet I've seen that will allow you to wear glasses. Superwide viewing area really opens up your field of vision.
As an added bonus. If you use communicators this model will take the Collett DMS sno-fone which uses a mic in the breath mask. This works much better than the voice tube types used on other helmets. Its really like talking on the phone.
The only negatives I can think of are the fact that it is so warm and there are no vents. On real warm days it can be an issue but you can still just open the visor a crack for venting. Another issue is the moisture collectors used in the breath box. You need to carry a few with you in a plastic bag and switch them out a few times on a big ride. Not a big deal. They are cheap and you can dry them out at home then use them again. Lastly as with all modulars they are not as strong across the jaw area as a motocross type helmet and therefore can only be Dot certified.

What u said LOVE my BV2S

BV2SHelmet.jpg

Back