• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Looking for helmet recommendations.

Where did you find the weight?
this helmet is tempting as I am wanting a Bluetooth set up any way. I just hate buying helmets without trying them on. Did it once and regretted it.

If you type a helmet in at amazon and click on more description it shows the weight.

Not sure I would put a lot of stock in those numbers. I just tried it with the same model of helmet with different colors and the weights were different from each other.......
I think it states shipping weight?????

Is it me or was that helmet ( snowmaster ) cheaper before today?
seems as though it sold out anyway....the large size that is. others available.

I have worn a few helmets over the years and have to agree the bv2s is the best i have used.
I do not find it to be heavy, but obviously there are lighter helmets available.
It is a very warm helmet. It is also much more quiet than most helmets i have used. Very comfortable.
The latch/buckle is well designed and easy to use.
My only complaint with it is due to the breath mask design, if you crack the helmet shield open for some air, it deflects incoming air directly to your eyes and it is absolutely impossible to drive any distance with it cracked. Your eyes will be burning.
Other than that, its perfect for me

I have had BV2S helmets for years and love them for sure. I have open face helmets (klim and 509) and always like the bv2s better. Im trying afar hybrid this year but my favorite won't be far away....

I just received the Snowmaster helmet with the Bluetooth set up. I will give a review once snow flies.

I did some testing with my new Castle EXO 950 against my old BS2S BRP helmet. I did a preliminary write up in the General Area under "Castle X Hemets".
I rode my bike at about 43 to 46 degrees at night & day. I put on my snow gear for real effect. My FJ-09 has a similar windshield to my Sidewinder so the air flow is similar.

-The first thing i noticed is the Castle fits my head real well. It's new & my BV2S is old, but it just fits better.
-Castle is 9.5 ounces lighter. Might make a difference in long day
-The Castle is quieter & head is warmer except for chin & lips. I was able to use a balaclava that is thicker in the neck & it seemed to handle problem
-The Castle field of view is better than most, but not as good as BV2S. Better than BV2S with electric shield
-I noticed with Castle at night i seemed to be seeing double with car headlights. How this translates to on coming sleds i don't know
-I was more comfortable over 100 with the Castle. This could be the better fit
-The Castle has decent air ventilation, but not a lot. The BV2S has none. If you crack the visor too much you get "air eye induction"
-If this Castle is NOT plugged in, it WILL fog. I could see it happening at 44 degrees. How well it stays clear is yet to be seen
-WAAAAY easier to put Castle over head. Important to me since i use headphones & I-pod

I will try this new Castle. By the end of the first ride i will either be happy or using this helmet for spare.

WARNING: I am not condoning breaking the law to test helmets especially 53 mph over the posted limit!

But boy was it fun! Front end didn't come down until 4th gear...

I too have the Bv2S and completely agree with it being a warm helmet. I ride with noise cancelling ear buds so getting it on and off isn't the easiest since the helmet design doesn't allow for much flex, but it is by far my go to helmet with the temps drop below 10-15 degrees F. What I haven't seen mentioned was the modular 3 helmet which is my favorite due to it's modular design. My go to helmet on warmer days (above 15-20 degrees F.). The comments regarding cracking the visor on the Bv2s is right on. Don't do it if you want to flash freeze your eyes.

So basically I used both of the Doo helmets depending on the temps.

Last year I finally pulled the trigger on a BV2S, I have numerous friends and a son that have been using them for years and LOVE them. Well guess what, I didn't. I tried everything I could think of and read about but I could not make it seal to my face reliably. When I could get it to seal it would work great but as soon as I would flip the mask down I'd struggle to get it to seal again. One of my riding buddys says he has a couple of friends that ran into my issue and they call it Stupid Face!! HaHaHa. Anyway, my son's BV2S was getting older so I gave him mine (what a Dad huh?:)) I was so used to using electric shields and liked not having anything against my face (stupid face?). I went to Haydays knowing I would buy a helmet. First stop was 509. I tried on the Delta R3 and fell in love. Bought it without looking any farther. Once we get some snow I'll tell you if I'm STILL in love!!

I have had mine for 15 years now and all i can say is you dont need an electric shield,if you get any fogging its purely operator error or your one of your seals is torn!!!!!!!

I just received the Snowmaster helmet with the Bluetooth set up. I will give a review once snow flies.
Well after a few rides with the Snowmaster helmet( with Bluetooth) I can list a few likes/dislikes

The Good
Price
Fit, it actually fits really well. I have a hard time with helmet fitment( I own 10 + helmets)
No leaks. I was skeptical of the shield fitment but have no air getting to my face.
Weight. It is lighter than my modular Gmax
Sun shield has not fogged so far
Vision. I like having the bigger opening of the MX style helmet.
I like the upper visor for keeping out the sun.

The bad
The heated shield has a different power cord than any other heated shield I have ever used or seen. Plus it does not have a short cord for the hemet side, just 1 long cord. I fixed this by making my own short cord to match the standard type heated shield.
The heated shield has some tint. I know all heated shields have a little tint, but this one seems a little darker.
The breath box hits my nose. I just removed it. I remove them from all my helmets anyway.
No song skip feature for the Bluetooth, or non that I have found.
Visor might be noisy at high speeds.

Overall I like this helmet and think it is a very good bargain. I have paid more for less. We will see how it lasts.....

Back