• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mountain tech skid plate

I would love to get the full plate before winter. But im not sure If my build budget is going to support it. I wish there would have been a way to delete the stock plastic and put a trap door in the skid plate for oil changes that would be sweet.

Oil changes are a fairly infrequent event. Best to just take off the skid plate when doing one. Gives you lots of room to drain oil and change filter. Plus it gives you a chance to check other things while you're down there. Smaller access such as a trap door would just make an oil change a PITA. The shorty skid plate comes off even easier than the full length.

Your products are nice quality for sure. Wish you had a tube running board set like skinz or even just an insert like this one below. I had it on my mxz and it was great and really strengthened the boards.
DSC01687.JPG

I put a shorty plate on my FX when I bought it.
Excellent design, fits perfect, very strong.....great product.
May potentially save a ruined motor...the oem plastic cover is pathetic...andwrse yet has internal ribs that are stupid close to the filter.

The plate re/re's very easily so don't sweat the oil change issue.....besides it's not like you have to change oil often...once a season for most of us. It actually is easier to re/re the MTNTECH plate than the lameass oem plastic. As mentioned...good idea anyway to have a good looksee under there anyway.

A superior product.......... ;)!

Picked up the full length skid on kijiji in the spring, just need to pickup hardware for the install. This is a much better solution than the plastic float plate that was on my sled from the previous owner. I like the look of the float plate but the snow/ice build up isn't worth any benefit it provides.

Recieved the mountain tech full plate today looks great. Thanks Peter will. Post pictures when installed

Your skid plate should arrive Thursday. Install instructions are on the website and installation is straightforward. I have been producing these for over 5 years now and they remain the best ones available. There are a few other versions but they fall far short of what I offer. Since the mounting tabs on the subframe are not in the same plane, a flat piece of aluminum will not mount up properly. The Mountaintech skid plate uses mounting pads in the correct places to accomplish this. It is also machined on both sides to allow it to fit and integrate properly withe the plastic bodywork. Additionally, the fastener heads are recessed so they do not get damaged, and allow for easy removal when necessary. No one else offers these features because it requires machining. Hardware is all stainless and metric to match the rest of the sled and the anchor nuts are easily replaceable if they ever wear out. No other product comes close! The original and still the best.
Hey Peter, I ordered the full skid plate on November 24, never got any conformation or anything. When could I expect it to arrive in Canada?

typically when i buy parts/mods in the usa, it takes a minimum of 2 weeks before i see anything and that was with a courrier for a bunch of it.

Peter is awesome and his products are top notch. I've got full skid plate, running boards, and A-Arms from him. The piece of mind having that full length plate under there protecting the oil filter and radiator is really nice.

Your products are nice quality for sure. Wish you had a tube running board set like skinz or even just an insert like this one below. I had it on my mxz and it was great and really strengthened the boards.
View attachment 109873
I installed a set of Mountain Tech running boards on my Phazer and plan to add a set to my Nytro. Super strong, snow falls through them, and great quality and fit. I have an 08' Nytro and they are the only ones in the World still making a running board kit for the 08' - 09' 121" Nytro's with the diamond pattern. G.B.

Hey Peter, I ordered the full skid plate on November 24, never got any conformation or anything. When could I expect it to arrive in Canada?

It went out the 2nd of December. Typically takes a week but with the holiday rush and Covid it will probably take longer. You should have received a tracking number.

I have his fiull skid plate and 34" arms and i'm extremely happy! I do my oil change once a year and its no issue dropping the skid plate down to change the filter. 6 bolts and shes out!

I have A-arms, skid plate on both my Nytros and just ordered his running boards for one of em. Quality parts that are well worth the price

Back