• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MPG?

I not sure why everyone thinks they will get better mileage with EFI. You have a lot more performance and it doesn't come with better fuel economy. More hp requires more fuel. If you get almost as good as last years mpg your doing great! These engines were already tuned pretty tight with carbs.

Oh, I just remember when Ford went to injection.
The carbed 351 could not touch the injected one in performance or mpg.
Big difference.

Don't forget guys the Canadian gallon is bigger so we are not comparing apples to apples here.

alterhi said:
Oh, I just remember when Ford went to injection.
The carbed 351 could not touch the injected one in performance or mpg.
Big difference.

I don't think this is any comparison! Maybe LB can shed some light!

sledheadgeorge said:
Don't forget guys the Canadian gallon is bigger so we are not comparing apples to apples here.

I did 250 km in 39 litres....gave me 18.1 MPG am i using same as you???

THANKs

RASH

Rash said:
Did 800km in warm 37 degres, and avg 18.5 MPG so far even in break in... RASH
It also looks like you were in loose snow alot of the time.18 to 18.5 isn't bad in these conditions i get 19 to 21 riding hard packed groomed trails with a short track rx-1, so i think you will get a little more than me once your fully broke in and on groomed trails. ;)!

Rash said:
sledheadgeorge said:

I did 250 km in 39 litres....gave me 18.1 MPG am i using same as you???

THANKs

RASH
When you use litres to compare it is an equal comparison. Yes I get about the same mileage. On real easy days when we just cruz I get near 20mpg. But don't forget I have the Turbo on it and as long as I am resonable with the throtle my milage is about par with a stock RX-1. Unfortunatlly if I were reasonable I never would have put the Turbo on it. LOL

AS long as I get about 120 miles out of a tank which is 12 MPG I could careless. There isn't anywhere I could ride that is further then that between gas stations.

I think you guys should wait on this topic. Like some have mentioned, don't these genesis motors get much better mpg's (and performance) once you get a couple thousand miles on them?

My thougts exactly... I will return in two long weeks tu try it after the first check up post 800km...Will see then...
RASH

Back