• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mpi GEM box help understand this thing!!

Country
USA
Snowmobile
13 xtx nytro stage 1 turbo
I just upgraded my nytro to a 13 xtx 180hp turbo and the dealer replaced the battery and I read the Gem box will lose it's programming? I have searched the web and you tube for an easy way to program this thing? The mpi instructions are not making any sense to me how to program this box. Anybody got any links or simple way to get this done?

I just upgraded my nytro to a 13 xtx 180hp turbo and the dealer replaced the battery and I read the Gem box will lose it's programming? I have searched the web and you tube for an easy way to program this thing? The mpi instructions are not making any sense to me how to program this box. Anybody got any links or simple way to get this done?

Attachments

• IMG_1981.JPG
    IMG_1981.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 159
Thanks so much for the information!!
I have stage 1 set up with only a boost gauge that I can't read under load but I think I am running no more than 6psi of boost and mountain performance recommends a air/fuel mixture information. Anybody have a picture of there setup gauge mounts etc. I have tried and searched with not much results. All help is very much help!!

Without an Air/Fuel Gauge you are asking for trouble. Adjusting the Gem is impossible without knowing your air/fuel ratio. Dave at Hurricane Performance has a really nice bracket to mount both A/F and Boost gauge next to gauge pod. www.hurricaneperformance.ca

IMG_1982.PNG
So would this be an ok baseline to run and test with a air fuel gauge installed I used the updated below 3000 feet and I am below that altitude.

View attachment 135702 So would this be an ok baseline to run and test with a air fuel gauge installed I used the updated below 3000 feet and I am below that altitude.
Start with the Low Level settings(bottom settings). These are very close to my settings, I am at 1000ft. The A/F gauge is a MUST! You are playing with fire without it. Mounting the gauges is the easy part, welding in the bung for the O2 sensor is more time consuming. Stock pipe is stainless steel. Usually needs to be TIG welded. Put in the O2 sensor.

There is never time to do it right, but there is always time to do it over.

So where are you guys putting the O2 sensor at? Between The turbo in the motor on the stock pipe? Thanks Brian

It needs to be between the collector(3 into 1) and the muffler, before or after the turbo shouldn't matter. The sensor should be mounted in the top half of the pipe, usually 1-2 o'clock or 10-11 o'clock position. That way condensation cannot pool in the sensor. Also helps protect it from ice and snow.

Back