• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MPI Super Sized Nytro tunnel cooler

yooper1

Expert
I was looking over a post in the 4stroke garage from Allen Ulmer about the installation of these on a Nytro RTX conversion to a MTX and is wondering is anyone else had installed these. They didn’t appear to as easy as I was lead to believe after reading Allen’s post.

My sled is a 08 RTX converted to an XTX and it is super-charged with MPI stage I and running 9psi. Everything is good however it is running hot. Then it dawned on me there is not a rear cooler on this sled.

Monday there will be a delivery from MPI for there super sized tunnel cooler and I want to get them installed asap. Has anyone else done this and can you tell me what I am in for. Real World please.

Thanks to everyone.

Instructions are not the best. You will have to grind slot in tunnel exhaust support bracket. Take your time and make sure you get holes drilled in correct spot with line hose holes large enough. Make sure you use correct mount clips, top and bottom are different. I did under tunnel exhaust at same time. Works great and keeps tunnel ice buildup down to minimum.

Attachments

• Resize of DSCF1791.JPG
    Resize of DSCF1791.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 342
  • Resize of DSCF1798.JPG
    Resize of DSCF1798.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 258
You are the MAN! I was going to do the under tunnel exhaust at same time too. What header did you use? I have the stock and the excell.

Thank you! Parts came this mornnig.

Very nice job! I hope the ones i bought turn out as nice as what you did.

You could sell those! What do you think you have in "your" kit?

Splaterwin:

Just finding this thread now. You rotated the header and tig welded. What kind of filler rod did you use? I know the header pipe is some kind of magnetic steel, but it doesn't appear to rust...cheap stainless??

Working on similar project and would like to do the same.

Thanks bud..

Id use 309 stainless filler, mig would work fine with the right gas and 309 as well. Not that you couldn't get away with mild steel wire but I have had a weld crack due to it before costing me a turbo on a Harley, 309 should be a safe bet.

Excell is very easy to adapt to under tunnel as well and that is 304 Stainless so you know what your dealing with.

What is the model of the Supertrapp ? How do you like the sound ? Do you have any sound clips of your sled ? I tried a Aaen that was made for the nytro and it was to loud . It sounded real good untill you spent 180 miles onboard . All night my ears were ringing ,must be getting old.

I was looking to use a flowmaster muffler, I found one that is 8x11 and only 3" think. I am hoping this will work and be somewhat quite.
P.N. 325508. Thoughts?

Back