• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

mpi supercharger, how do you like them?

motohd66 said:
just wondering how you guys like them? any particular problems?

When you get done riding one through the trails for say 100 miles or so, you don't want to get off. I once let my friend take mine at the end of the day for a few miles just so he could see what it felt like to ride a boosted sled, and the look on his face was PRICELESS. Oh, I had to get on his SRX while he was riding my sled and after getting off of my sled I felt like I was riding a 500 fan cooled 2 up. I had this SRX pegged to the bar through the twisties and it could not go fast enough, nothing like riding a boosted sled for sure. If you are in the market to get one, make sure you do the Gauge's and a B.O.V. this will help you keep an eye on things.

;)!

He's right, depends on what you intend to do. I had a .92 track all studded up - great for top end lake runs, useless in snow. I do mostly trail riding or snow covered lake running. Just switched over to an Expert X 136 with a 1.25 Ripsaw, probably cost some top end, but so much better for the majority of my riding ;)!

Yamanator said:
motohd66 said:
just wondering how you guys like them? any particular problems?

When you get done riding one through the trails for say 100 miles or so, you don't want to get off. I once let my friend take mine at the end of the day for a few miles just so he could see what it felt like to ride a boosted sled, and the look on his face was PRICELESS. Oh, I had to get on his SRX while he was riding my sled and after getting off of my sled I felt like I was riding a 500 fan cooled 2 up. I had this SRX pegged to the bar through the twisties and it could not go fast enough, nothing like riding a boosted sled for sure. If you are in the market to get one, make sure you do the Gauge's and a B.O.V. this will help you keep an eye on things.

;)!
om mpi's website they say do not use a blow off valve. why is that?? i have been reading up on this stuff and it seems like most guys use them.

I run a BOV. I now get around 12-13mpg on my sled. I was only getting around 10 before. It will pay for itself in time. I think it will really help when I run at 10lbs.

I would get one. Some say you do not really need one at 5lbs, but I got one anyway. While your spending a small fortune on the set up, might as well go all the way! lol

70 miles on fumes 2 times in a row getting back to the truck. That is with 3 - 1.3 gallon gas cans dumped in. I love the supercharger but hate the mpg. 162 x 16 x 2.5 with a blow off

my buddy has a blow off valve on his supercharger he is going to be selling soon. i might buy the ic of him for the setup. Is it all really worth it vince? Fuel economy would be nice for sure.

I ran my sc all last winter without a BOV with no problems but i'm not really worried about the gas milage since i don't make many long haul trail rides on my sc sled.

To be honest i'm not really sure i don't think i really burned a full tank of gas on one ride just go for a ride and then top it up. Its not as bad as the 2strokes i owned thats forsure i can't complain. Last winter when me and my buddy went to a near by town it was 47km away when we got back home he burned more than me on his 800 polaris. But if you drive the sled hard there is a big difference but just normal riding its not bad at all. I look at it this way the worst sled i ever owned on gas was my old 800xcr which i still have is running around 160hp is much harder than my sc attak which is running 240+hp so i have no problem that. :yam:

Back