• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

mpi supercharger, how do you like them?

i love my mpi it is sick ...and absolutely no lag . as soon as i hit the throttle.BRAAAP BRAAAP!!! gone over the top. i had to go to a mbrp exhaust though cause it sounded gay with out. :rules

I have a new sticker kit now thats my old avtar from last winter. New for this year is a camoplast intence track 1.5'', billett wheels, Simmons Skis, Moved the filter outside the hood, Meth injection, jetskidetailing.com sticker kit, water temp gauge, ice scratchers, and a few more things that needed repair like rails... My sc ran great all last winter the only problem was the gas was so hard to get around here even to get avgas i had to make a 6 hour drive and race i had to get brought in by plane so the meth is by far the best addon for this year. That sticker kit was made by arcticfx its really nice but i took it off when i went to pick up my truck after the wrap was done and the guy was going to do my hood and side panels weith the same design only in blue and black but sadly he passed away just a few days after the truck was done i knew the guy and he was only 36 very sad.
DSCF1416-1.jpg

too bad about youre bud...anyway looks sick i bet she goes too.ever ride out this way in golden or revy?

not really sure where that is

well i finally bought a mpi supercharger kit, i got the kit with the blower oil temp guage, boost guage, and i have my a/f guage, do you guys run a water temp guage? i will be putting the kit on a apex ltx and i was also wondering if i should put the extra heat exchanger kit on it?? i will have so many questions so i want to thank everyone in advance for all the help i know you guys will give me!!! ;)!

I have a stage 3 MPI supercharger... but nothing else is MPI.

Have a custom made water-air intercooler made by gforce and standalone EFI/ignition on my rx1.

Even with low boost pulleys (27/27) this thing rips!!!!

Moto...Im leaning towards that kit as well in the future.

Good to see your not too far from me, ha ha ha..... gues who will be helping with the install. Got beer, got SC, got Apex - can travel!

Kevin Garceau said:
Moto...Im leaning towards that kit as well in the future.

Good to see your not too far from me, ha ha ha..... gues who will be helping with the install. Got beer, got SC, got Apex - can travel!
not a problem, i love beer!! hopefully i will have my kit by the end of next week but i am going to the races in eagle river for the weekend so i wont be able to put it on right away :o|

WHAT>>>>>> you will have a SC sitting there. Then going to watch other fast sleds KNOWING your stuff is just sitting there.

Please take pics and step by step if you can. I hear they are much easier to install than some of the turbos.

Being new to boost I thought this may be a good way to get my feet wet. As I couldnt afford to pay someone an extra grand to install it.

shipping got held up a day so i wont get it until the week after next, but a quick question here, how much boost can i get away with on pump fuel (93) octane at 1200 ft for just on trail rideing??

Yea Kinger is right i am pushing mine big time! 8-9 psi been like this for 2100 miles still runs like a top! But i dont stay in her for more than 1300 feet or so at a time. This is on pump 93...

Skydog

I looked at getting a supercharger too. In fact, I reserved one (only to unreserve it later) because I got cold feet.

My timing is advanced about three degrees (slotted ignition pickup) and I really didn't want to go back inside the engine (it scares me in there) to retard the timing back to stock.

I love the ease of installation of the kit (compared to a turbo). I love the lack of lag.

What I'm not that comfortable with is the fuel issue. I may be mistaken but, with a turbo I think you can push more boost (10+ lbs) without adding head gaskets?

I really don't want to mess with adding head gaskets or with mixing race fuel or not using it and having to worry about octane issues.

Also, is it true that turbos maintain their hp at elevation where superchargers do not (or not as well)?

Frosty

Back