• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MPI Supercharger Question?

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder SRX
This is for anyone out there that has run a charger for sometime. Will the SC oil get low with run time?? Mine was low after 2 seasons and not many miles....

After driving it for 50 miles it was sitting at idle and surging...dont remember it doing this before.

yooper1 said:
It is a closed loop system, are you sure it doesn't have a leak through the vent? The oil shouldn't go any where.

Dont have any mess anyplace... could it be a bad seal on the blower?

It is possible, I would pull off your intercooler and look for any oil near the inlet of your carbs. The oil itself smell like an ATF see if you have any odor there too.

Have had s/c oil go down to add mark on dipstick and stay there. Read some post back a ways about proper level some of the first kits running at the add mark level. Try the pill bottle trick on vent line to catch any oil blowing out. ;)!

sledhead_dan said:
Have had s/c oil go down to add mark on dipstick and stay there. Read some post back a ways about proper level some of the first kits running at the add mark level. Try the pill bottle trick on vent line to catch any oil blowing out. ;)!

X2 on the catch bottle, workgreat for me!

Back