• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MPI Supercharger

FLYBYU

VIP Member
Anyone have the shaft break on one? 300 miles on this one and the impeller seized and sent shavings into the engine. Waiting for the head to be taken off at GNS to what damage was done. I know it didn't run without oil as I did to exact directions. Started for a minute and made sure oil was flowing. Set the vent where it would never see water or snow to suck in it and freeze. Didn't over spin it as it only 28 28 pulleys on it. Were sending it back to MPI on Monday and see if they'll warranty this.

IMAG0250.jpg
IMAG0253.jpg

Just happened to me on Monday, I didn't have shavings that big. Mine just left a really fine dust. I had 656 miles on mine. How cold was it when it happened? Did you check your oil as soon as it happened?

Yes it was 0 degrees. The engine actually shut down because the shavings got into the Valves and we lost compression. Oil was fine.

My motor never shut down. I heard a loud whining and shut it down.
It was -15 when mine went down. I checked the oil as soon as it happened and my oil looked froze. It stuck to the dipstick when I pulled it out. This was the second ride on this oil. When I let it sit in the shop overnight and checked the oil in the morning it looked like I just poured it in. When I changed the oil and filter it had proper flow, I think mine was oil related not the blower itself.

Did you not let it warm up? I put the vent line in a dry spot lower than tank as instructed to do. Sled was running for atleast 15 prior to riding. Went about 10 miles before it let go.

Yup, my vent line was routed under the ecu lower than the tank in as dry of a spot as there is. Mine went down about 45 miles into the ride.
I first thought I blew all the fluid out. Since new mine has always blown a little fluid out the vent hose for some reason. But when I talked to Matt and others that wasn't out of the ordinary. Some guys run the vent to a bottle to catch the overflow. I was told to keep an eye on it and it should stop blowing out the vent but still have sufficient oil for the blower. When mine went down the oil level was still full.

I have not had any problems with my charger but the last ride my sled started running rough. I pulled it in the shop the next day and found a plug it's about 3/4" but I cannot find where the heck it came from and my sled is running like po-po now and I am starting to get aggravated. Any suggestions or maybe someone who has installed this system and knows what I am talking about and where the plug is supposed to be

Here's a side view. It was in front of the motor but it could have come from anywhere inside from riding in the mountains

Attachments

• 20150117_235242.jpg
    20150117_235242.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 196
It's a hex head or allen wrench as it's more commonly known. Very large hole though kinda has me worried being that i found it in the engine bay under the front of the motor

Attachments

• 20150117_235319.jpg
    20150117_235319.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 175

Back