• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MPI Supercharger

Are these the kits purchased thru a Yamaha dealer that they advertise a one year warranty on?

Unless there's some backroom stuff that we don't know about, these are the same kits that Yamaha uses and sells to their customers

From the Yamaha Parts website: "The MPI supercharger has a 1-year limited warranty from the manufacturer." I actually think the supercharger itself carries a two year warranty...

How many people have actually had there supercharger cover under warranty??? and how long did it take?

Mine is out of the warranty period but had very little mileage on it (1200 +/- miles).

Ok thinking about installing mpi sc on my 13 Nytro xtx. Was wondering about fuel controller, is the one they supply good or should I buy a auto tunner. I may have PortYamaha just install it for piece of mind. This shaft problem is getting me worried though.
Hay just wondering if the sc shaft would brake, but engine ok. Can you still run the sled without?

Nytrosnox,
I sold my '13 XTX sled this past winter, but my suggestion would be to try the installation yourself. I enjoyed installing mine a couple years ago. The MPI directions are pretty good and with an above average mechanical aptitude, you'll be successful. Most difficult part was mounting the pulleys for me. Plan to take it slow and give it a couple days to get thru it all. Read thru the directions and make sure you have all the necessary tools prior to starting.

I never had one issue with my supercharger and ran the GEMS controller. One thing I liked about the GEMS, was the ease of use and if any questions come up, MPI is great to work with (this is also true about the installation).

If you ever had a issue with the SC, you can easily unplug the GEMS and all will work like stock. I think the issue with the shaft failure was that it sent shavings into the motor and this harmed the sleds above. But I believe that the users above just had bad luck as there are a lot of SC running without any issue for many miles.

Good luck and enjoy. It really changes the sled on the trail; unfortunately, for me it could not become the off trail sled I wanted.

Back