• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mtn Cooler

thetruck454

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
How many of you are actually running the MTX cooler? I just ordered it because I got tired of end of the season riding with the light coming on and the sled shutting down I never did try changing the stock coolant/water ratio, so I hope I'm not needlessly spending money

good call..Im about to put one on...in fact Im looking for some instructions

This was posted previously... Couldn't find the link of the pictures, but last year I downloaded them and put them in a PDF when I did the install.

Sorry, had to split them into two files due to size restrictions...

Enjoy

Attachments

• 8HA-124A0-00-00 install pg1-2.pdf
    531.8 KB · Views: 101
  • 8HA-124A0-00-00 install pg3-4.pdf
    549.1 KB · Views: 130
jcavana Thanks! Farmington hills! My office is at 13 and orchard lake...

Thanks Jcavana.

All the effort Yamaha did to lighten this sled up and I'm adding weight back in with the fuel tank and cooler, oh well.

I think its a good idea to run the mtx cooler. The light would turn on quite a bit for me, anytime I would be doing a lot of stopping and going and waiting for family to catch up.

So I put the cooler on, never saw the light again. I also added some water wetter when I installed the cooler, and diluted the coolant a little.

It was good for piece of mind if for nothing else. I hated seeing that light on.

I'm usually the pack leader so I'm pushing it the hardest, then I have to sit still with a hot engine and wait for the rest to catch up, not a good cooling combo.

Back