• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MTX track changes

My Nytro MTX track is...

• stock in the original direction.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • stock, but reversed the direction.

• replaced track with a different one.

• Total voters
It doesn't need to be fully clipped unless running boost.

Crow, I'm getting Ulmer rails if they'll fit the MTX. If not, I'm getting rails from Ice Age mfg on Snowest.

AKDavo, the track is yours, but I'm not sure when that will be. I'm pretty short on funds right now.

Nikolai said:
It doesn't need to be fully clipped unless running boost.

Crow, I'm getting Ulmer rails if they'll fit the MTX. If not, I'm getting rails from Ice Age mfg on Snowest.

AKDavo, the track is yours, but I'm not sure when that will be. I'm pretty short on funds right now.
Nikolai, I put Ice Age rails on the last IQ Racer that I built. Excellent quality and Mike can beef them up in certain areas...not that you'd need stronger rails or anything...

snownytro19 said:
If I turn track backwards will the lugs simply bend over the other way, or will they possibly stay a bit more straight?? Has anyone tried this?

I rotated mine. I loved it for the first 30 miles after turning, however, after that the lugs started to fold back the other way....not near as bad, but they did fold some.

IMO, the track is complete garbage!! It is WAY to soft and it puts much strain at the base of the lug, causing them to tear completely off.

Get the Camoplast Extreme!!

BTW, my Maverick is for sale....350 miles!

Just went for a small ride for the first time with my Maverick turned around!

I must say it's a big improvement... but time will tell!

As MnEscape said, they will probably bent the other way but for now
it's working better and I will finish the season like this and see from there!

Errol

errol said:

Errol

Planning on turning mine this week, and will do the same. Finish the season like this, replace with new for next year.

For every Nytro MTX sold, according to the poll over half the owners replace their track. not a bad deal if your your into manufacturing tracks.

Give Yamaha a great deal on a slappy mav and most likely sell another track with better margins....

redeye said:
errol said:

Errol

Planning on turning mine this week, and will do the same. Finish the season like this, replace with new for next year.

I will be doing this also, then maybe trim it to 1-1/2 for Iowa trails next year and install a 2.5" Camo this summer

Back