• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My 2011 Apex XTX +

i'm going and looking at a red one know you are bad and you are my wife's S**T list she gave in thanks. that one GOOD LOOKING SLED ENJOY.

I can't stop mauling it ,,, i'm damn near ready to mount some wheels and go for a ride LOL .. PLEASE LET IT SNOW !!!

That Blue looks sweet Turk ,,, Cheers to a safe , trouble free winter :)

Darv....that puts me on 2 #*$&@ lists LMAO !!

FrostyNutz said:
I can't stop mauling it ,,, i'm damn near ready to mount some wheels and go for a ride LOL .. PLEASE LET IT SNOW !!!

That Blue looks sweet Turk ,,, Cheers to a safe , trouble free winter :)

Darv....that puts me on 2 poop lists LMAO !!

Turk, whatcha doing with the Nytro?

Nytro got traded in. It was an impulse buy cus I got a killer deal.
You can not buy good used 4 strokes here & dealer is paying big $$$$ for em on trade!!!

Turk said:
Nytro got traded in. It was an impulse buy cus I got a killer deal.
You can not buy good used 4 strokes here & dealer is paying big $$$$ for em on trade!!!

Maybe I should ship him mine?

Turn the key on and let it warm up and then let it rip. Just don't leave it pinned at the top too long for the first half hour. The harder you run it now the better you will set the rings IMHO.

Banks93 said:
Turn the key on and let it warm up and then let it rip. Just don't leave it pinned at the top too long for the first half hour. The harder you run it now the better you will set the rings IMHO.

x2... Just do lots of short blasts...

Wow! That red sure is pretty. Some nice finishing touches also. Lots of different oppinion's about Break-in, Bottom line is whatever worked for you ion the past. All else fails, follow the manual. I pretty much follow the manual with some hard throttle bursts but not held for more than a few seconds. So far works for me and my SE will get the same treatment.

FrostyNutz said:
had very few issues
Flakey rings , switches failing , cracked Tunnel supports by the H arm mounts , sway bar bushings, oil cap leaking, etc etc LOL

Is this what DOO considers "very few issues"? Do I even WANT to know what is a "normal" selection of issues on something for which THOSE are "ver few"???!?!?! :drink:

Regarding breakin... note that the manual does NOT say never to give it everything its got. It actually IMPLIES that you MUST... briefly, vary they throttle CONTINUALLY, follow HARD running by GENTLE running. You can ruin your rings (result of heat caused by higher than normal friction) during breakin if you run it too hard for too long.

yeah my Rev issues were a little less than normal . I didn't replace a crank ,,yet LOL

THanks for the comments and advise on break in. It sounds like it doesn't matter how you break in these engines ,, it's all good :)

FrostyNutz said:
yeah my Rev issues were a little less than normal . I didn't replace a crank ,,yet LOL

THanks for the comments and advise on break in. It sounds like it doesn't matter how you break in these engines ,, it's all good :)

JUST DON'T LET IT OVER HEAT. That is key......

SledFreak said:
FrostyNutz said:

Are you guys all using scratchers on the hard pack ? A temp gauge would have been nice rather than just a panic light.

FrostyNutz said:
SledFreak said:
FrostyNutz said:

Are you guys all using scratchers on the hard pack ? A temp gauge would have been nice rather than just a panic light.
I'm just talking during breakin period..

FrostyNutz said:
So it begins ,,,, my first winter with a 4stroke sled :-o

I've been wanting to come back to Yamaha for years . Finally after 7 yrs on a Renegade800x I jumped the Yellow submarine and came back to Japanese quality. I have to be honest ,,I enjoyed the rev and had very few issues besides the normal,,Flakey rings , switches failing , cracked Tunnel supports by the H arm mounts , sway bar bushings, oil cap leaking, etc etc LOL That said, it rides that good I kept it over the wifes 700Mtn Viper.

A couple weeks ago I traded the Viper for the new XTX . She always wanted to ride the rev anyway lol. She found the Viper too tippy and after watching her flip it twice ,,I tend to agree . Not well suited for her riding style.

I debated buying the Nytro xtx. The dealership had one all geared up with a track , rack , bars, skis ect . I was close to buyng it until I started reading about the Apex xtx . OMG ,, it was like Yamaha finally listened to what people were saying for years. Then I sat on it at the dealership ,, the fit and finish is outstanding ! The sound of the engine with that new exhaust is intoxicating ! The Exup , the eps , the new seat , the deep red color ,, it' was all too much for me . I had to have it !!

I sat down with the salesman and worked out a deal for the sled with all the extras I wanted . The new owners are pricing very aggressive trying to win back lost customers, so I was happy to come back. They made me a deal I couldn't refuse :)

day 1

Now that the sled is home it was time to add some goodies !!

New gas cap ( will be polished soon and treated with Zoopseal )

Windshield Bag , mountain strap , powermadds :)

I didn't like the decal design very much so they gave me the Yamaha kit. I only used the hood and side panel decals. It looked like too many graphics after tapeing all the pieces in place so I kept it simple.. Fitment is not great ,, not sure what they used as a template but it wasn't Apex panels LOL. I had to trim the ends , the width doesn't match the originals and the lines are not cut to fit evenly on both sides. Still,,, I like it :)

HID kit

1.5" Camoplast Crossover installed in favor of the Ripsaw 1.25. This thing should change the landscape and keep me movin when the groomed trail ends.

Well ,that's it for now . I'm really looking forward to putting on a load of miles on this winter. The sled will be a big adjustment for me so I plan on taking it easy for the first 1K . I hear different approaches to break in on these engines ,,, what is the TY gospel on this procedure ?

:rules

Nice looking sled. I bought one just like it about 4 weeks ago. I put on aluminum rear wheels, 4th wheel kit as I had extra wheels, and Curve skis.
Gearing, clutching, etc. will wait until after I ride it.
Jim

Back