• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My letter to Yamaha Canada

glad to hear all your issues will be resolved at your new dealer. Just don't like gettin bashed for what appears to be a miscommunication between you and WSL . Hope everything works out for you . Cheers

does anyone know if these problems have been resolved for the phazer rtx's? last i herd they made a stronger link and put a fan in to keep the ski-doo from over heating ...but has anyone herd of any problems with the new phazers?

some of the 2008 GT's are missing a piece of the wire harness and hand warmers are not getting hot enough

on the "issue" of the limiter straps, WHY would they design the straps to be setable beyond the skids limits, that ,makes no sence

kinda like rev limiters and red lines, they put the redline at X rpm , and that is safe, but everyone thinks it is not safe to hit the line and shift or letoff of teh throttle on a vehicle

same concept the loosest and tightest setting should be safe to operate and not cause a 25% shock load with no weight

FxsX24 said:
on the "issue" of the limiter straps, WHY would they design the straps to be setable beyond the skids limits, that ,makes no sence

I added a hole. The sled was way too tippy. I've never had to do this, and this is my 5th sled. I Tried all the other tricks to make her carve, but then she would bottom. I've never seen a rear skid that didn't have a enough hole positions. And on my other sleds, you could tighten the straps to the point that you would have only 1/3 of the travel left. If my sled was the only one breaking, I would have bought stiffer torsion springs to achieve the same effect. But there is people getting far less miles before their failures. If I set the front track spring soft, the sled would sit even further into it's travel anyway, then I would bottom all the time.

i didn't see it anywhere in the service manual about drilling extra holes in the limiter strap to make it handle better. phazer GT has adjustable front sway bar with 6 settings for better handling and to keep skiis planted .try one of those.

rage said:
i didn't see it anywhere in the service manual about drilling extra holes in the limiter strap to make it handle better. phazer GT has adjustable front sway bar with 6 settings for better handling and to keep skiis planted .try one of those.

The sway bar wasn't the problem, the problem was weight transfer.

Back