• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MY NYTRO IS GETTING FASTER WITH AGE!!!!

I have 6200-miles on my '08 and she still goes like hell. I don't really care about the ultimate top end speed. I like the acceleration, especially from 40 to the next turn.

arteeex said:
I have 6200-miles on my '08 and she still goes like hell. I don't really care about the ultimate top end speed. I like the acceleration, especially from 40 to the next turn.

how fast is 0 to heck then?

I don't know. Mine just starts at 40 and goes up from there. You're suggesting there's something below 40?

arteeex said:

I agree, love the arm stretching pull on the bottom end most of all but it's fun to see what she will do from time to time. My biggest problem is using the throttle like an on/off switch, I can't help but hold it to the bar!!! I love it!!! With 6200 on your 08 you are definately getting some use out of it!!

DeerHuntr said:
deanhell said:
My 09 xtx would originally top out at 109 on the speedo. Now it will hit 112 with about 2,400 miles. Has it started to whistle yet?

Nope no whistle yet, why does yours whistle???

Around 1,800 miles the motor really seemed to loosen up and if I listen closely I can hear a subtle whistling sound. A friends apex does the same thing. He has over 6,000 on his and claims it's still getting faster.

I agree that these sleds have a speedo thats waaaay out! There is no way a stock Nytro will do 110 mph on gps! I'll eat my shorts if someone proves me wrong! I"ve been riding performance sleds all my life( I'm 50) and though I luv the low end grunt of my 136 " 08 fx, but I'm 175 lbs with sled set up nice on perfect conditions and have never seen speedo over 170 km. Lets get real! I've done 145 mph on a large displacement street bike and thats fast! It takes lots of hp and perfect sled set up to do 110. But not on a Nytro stocker NOT IN THIS LIFE! I've got buddies with 600 rev's who swear they'll do 105 all day long. Right and I've been dating Jessica Simpson for a year! :die

thanks for your support!!!...HAHAHAHAH. i never said it wasn't impossible for a nytro to do 110mph, just that you'd be spending $2oooCAN dollars and ALOT of screwing around to make it there. im personally gonna boost my sled in the summer (major cash in CAN... $5KishCAN) and then it'll all be over and i wont have to dick around with $300 clutch kits and $80 air filters to get 2mph.

i LOVE this sled and the slider wear, BUT this thing wasnt made for top end........if we all wanted that we shoulda looked to the left in the showroom and bought the apex.

:4STroke:

be safe

I seen 107 speedo with mine on hand packed snow. I have a 09 xtx with 1263mls and 114 studs the rest is stock. Ill run it on the stalker this weekend and see what it really dose.
Thanks Dale

I must have a total dud, b/c with full excell exhaust and PCIII I only occasional see 100 mph. It has about 1400 miles, and I weigh 180lbs fully suited up.

like i said 114 studs and a bender clutch kit........no gas i had 105.8mph on the gun 4 out of 6 times, mini tail wind, preferred lane, WICKED track, 2000ft, FRESH fluids and old THEN new belt...........sled has 600miles about. XTX 09......i weigh about 190lbs.

rob

When you did 105 on the gun what was your speedometer reading? Also if you think messing with a stock sled with clutch kits and other goodies is a hassle I really dont think you want any thing to do with a turbo. A turbo is a HUGE modification to a snowmobile. Not to discourage you but clutch kits and other goodies can be changed numerous right at the lake or drag strip, a turbo is a good 8 hours to install and thats the most simple version and installing a kit in 8 hours is coming from some one who has done a couple, and thats just installing the kit not including the tuning process along with whatever other little things you will run into. Not trying to be a douche just letting you know, and what kit are you getting for 5 g canadian? The ulmers 180 kit or???

my speedo was reading 111-112mph (REAL @ 105.8mph), NEVER over......... i think, or it felt like i ran outta gear. as far as i knew by looking at the the tach at that speed i don't think i rev'ed over 8650-8700rpms???, not sure but seemed to ALWAYS be around there at 2000ft finish.

on the boost side; our local mech at the yamaha dealership will do it on the side for cash, and for the price i give him he will ALWAYS take care of me for tuning etc....... hes a family friend. also thinking of supercharger too, mr prosser at bender CAN said something is coming out around $3500CAN, but not disclosed as of yet he said???, i told him my sleds his for a donor and ill pay for all the parts if he installs at tunes it for free (ill cross my fingers!!..LOLOL).

thanks,

rob

Getting faster!

I bought my 40th Anniversary Nytro Feb. 1st of 2009. Last season I could only get 98mph out of it. I now have 2800 miles on it and I had 108mph. This is all on the speedo. I plan on putting at least 200 on this week. Hopefully I can squeek a few more mph's out of her. :Rockon:

we should kill this thread, ....if your numbers are not coming off a gun or gps thats recorded your speed (not speedo) readings they mean S(&((*(T!!!!!. there is no way in gods name your nytro is doing 108mph (unless heavily modified), maybe on the speedo but more like 102 103mph in reality. im not saying your a liar, just your speedo is.............

;)!

i watched a 100 nytro's this winter "TRAIL" stock (xtx's fx, rtx etc) go down 2 different MADE track venues with perfect conditions ON ICE with 160lbs riders no wind, no coats, tail wind, clutched, 144 studs, whatever.....and NO NYTRO EVER went 110mph STOCK and studded......NONE. in-fact a stock studded apex won BOTH 2000ft venues for the "trail stock" 1000-4st category at 110.8 and 112.3. NO studded STOCK nytro will beat an apex at 2000ft PERIOD (i might even go far enough to say even a CLUTCHED nytro cant beat a STOCK studded apex at 2000ft). i have a nytro and i love it but they do NOTHING special from 100 to 105mph, and you'll NEVER see 110mph unless your riding downhill, on ice, or spend about $2000 dollars on go fast goodies (then MAYBE youll see 110mph..MAYBE),........they are just NOT made for that.

:4STroke:

Back