• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

*XTX is FASTER than the RTX SE & 1200 4-Tec*

erin you are going to have your hans full. tunning yours pauls flitz va montara you guys wont time to ride . but i can deliver. you guys parts lol :Rockon:

I would like to get in on this one too.... It's fun running down XR Doos. There were some pretty long faces last season when the Doo boys got their a$$es handed to them after they were bragging how fast the 4Teks were....but I have to admit they do handle better than the Nytros. :o| :dunno:

Easy Rider said:
I would like to get in on this one too.... It's fun running down XR Doos. There were some pretty long faces last season when the Doo boys got their a$$es handed to them after they were bragging how fast the 4Teks were....but I have to admit they do handle better than the Nytros. :o| :dunno:

I have both an 08 Nytro and 09 1200 and for my type of riding I prefere the 1200. I would say these sleds perform very close and nobody is handing anybody their a$$ racing them head to head. I would say if ride and handling aren't important then a 1975 mod Rupp Nytro would hand any Nytro or 1200 owner their a$$. Yamaha makes a great engine and their products are very well built but their sleds can't compete with the others in the ride and handling department. I rode Cats for 15 years and then stopped buying them because of the Firecat. (POS). The Nytro has become the Firecat to me and the only way I buy another is if my wife wants one. I really like my Apex and don't think I'll be getting rid of it anytime soon. The Nytro on the other hand is a sled I can't get comfortable on. I have it riding and handling about as good as it is possible and my wife loves it but I wouldn't want to ride it when I can ride my 1200 or Apex. Yamaha needs a sled that rides and handles like the 1200 Ski Doo or they might just as well stop building sleds. I don't know why its so hard for them to do this with the technology they have, but then again they continue to put the industries worse ski's on all their sleds. :o|

jds1000 said:
Easy Rider said:

I have both an 08 Nytro and 09 1200 and for my type of riding I prefere the 1200. I would say these sleds perform very close and nobody is handing anybody their a$$ racing them head to head. I would say if ride and handling aren't important then a 1975 mod Rupp Nytro would hand any Nytro or 1200 owner their a$$. Yamaha makes a great engine and their products are very well built but their sleds can't compete with the others in the ride and handling department. I rode Cats for 15 years and then stopped buying them because of the Firecat. (POS). The Nytro has become the Firecat to me and the only way I buy another is if my wife wants one. I really like my Apex and don't think I'll be getting rid of it anytime soon. The Nytro on the other hand is a sled I can't get comfortable on. I have it riding and handling about as good as it is possible and my wife loves it but I wouldn't want to ride it when I can ride my 1200 or Apex. Yamaha needs a sled that rides and handles like the 1200 Ski Doo or they might just as well stop building sleds. I don't know why its so hard for them to do this with the technology they have, but then again they continue to put the industries worse ski's on all their sleds. :o|
yep, yamaha should stop making sleds...

who the fk is this guy and why wont he go away!

jds1000 said:
Easy Rider said:

Look back a few posts and there's a car running with room for you to head back to the other site! I actually respected everything you said until the point about yamaha should stop building sleds and now I know you don't know what your saying. Yamaha has had the biggest market swing so they must be doing ALOT right! if they aren't pleasing you OH well, for everyone they loose, they gain 5 new ones. Yes yamaha makes crap skies, lets see my reliable $5000 yamaha motor or $200 skies? I think I'II take the loss on the ski's (I run C&A's and so do all the doo guys on here)

monster said:
jds1000 said:
Easy Rider said:

Look back a few posts and there's a car running with room for you to head back to the other site! I actually respected everything you said until the point about yamaha should stop building sleds and now I know you don't know what your saying. Yamaha has had the biggest market swing so they must be doing ALOT right! if they aren't pleasing you OH well, for everyone they loose, they gain 5 new ones. Yes yamaha makes crap skies, lets see my reliable $5000 yamaha motor or $200 skies? I think I'II take the loss on the ski's (I run C&A's and so do all the doo guys on here)
How many more model years does Yamaha need to build a sled that rides and handles good out of the box? Its taken them 6 years to finally give us a mono shock suspension that won't fall apart without some kind of bracing. I like my Apex and I've said that a hundred times but my wifes Nytro was so out of whack when I first got it that it was unbelievable. I spent a lot of time getting it to handle without scaring the hell out of me. I'm not the only one either, all you need to do is spend some time on these forums and you will see how many of us had to work on our Nytros to make them handle halfway decent. Yamaha makes a great product, their engines are the best in the industry and the build quality is second to none. I just wish they would sort out the ride and handling next time before I spend another 10 grand on a sled thats scary to ride.

I gotta agree with jds. I don't like the ride and handling of the Nytro and find the apex series too heavy. Trying an XP this winter. I will be riding with a few Nytro's and will let everyone know how the season goes..........

on 3 diffrent occasions last year my buddies brand new 800 r left him on the trail, once there was a huge ring of coolant around the sled after we came back out after lunch,but hey i guess the most important thing is the ski's what was i thinkin!

jds1000, your like a broken record! :o| Is there any reason you feel the need to come on a Yamaha based site to tell us how much better SkiDoo is.
Seriously, as much as we love our Yamaha's, we know their drawbacks. Having a pro-SkiDoo owner coming on here and telling us over and over and over again how superior Doo's are does absulutely nothing positive for the site or its members.

Playfull raz-ing between friends is just plain fun, leave it at that!!

JMO

japex said:
on 3 diffrent occasions last year my buddies brand new 800 r left him on the trail, once there was a huge ring of coolant around the sled after we came back out after lunch,but hey i guess the most important thing is the ski's what was i thinkin!

Please explain to me what your buddies POS Ski Doo has to do with the fact that Yamaha has no idea how to build a sled that rides and handles great out of the box. I owned a 800 REV that left me stranded on a backpack trip and that led me to Yamaha and reliable 4 stroke engines. I felt back then that Doo made junk 2 stroke engines and I still think they do. Just because Doo makes a crappy 2 stroke doesn't give Yamaha the right to build a sled thats scary to ride. Oh and if you think the only problem Yamaha has is their skis then you haven't checked your A Arms, exhaust donuts, front frame, hot grips, hyfax, idler wheels, ball joints and the fifty lbs of ice under the tunnel. I know all the manufacturers have problems but you guys need to step away from the blue kool aid and stop defending all the short commings these new sleds have. I don't defend Ski Doo and their junk engines and I wont defend Yamaha and their junk chassis. I wonder how much my 08 Nytro is worth now that everybody on TY has posted what crap sleds they are compared to the 09 Nytro? After selling their 08 Nytros some of the regulars here couldn't wait to tell all of us what a POS the 08 Nytro was and how much better their new 09 was. :moon: These same guys were the ones a year earlier telling us how great their 08 Nytros were and the problems we were having was all setup. :drink: What a difference a year makes.

Well the web master can't kick this idot out. And he just wants to get on this awesome site and kill the vibe and the fun. I am so sick of what brand is best and which one is better. So I think everyone should just ignore jds1000 and not read his crap and more importantly not respond to him in anyway. He will just leave and go back to the other snowmobile sites. We as members have control over him by just ignoring him and freeing up space for real information that matters.

Mighty said:
I gotta agree with jds. I don't like the ride and handling of the Nytro and find the apex series too heavy. Trying an XP this winter. I will be riding with a few Nytro's and will let everyone know how the season goes..........

How would you know about the Nytro. You rode mine for 3 minutes!!! LOL

Back