• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My summer project

sheetwright

Northwoods Snowmobiling Facebook
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2021 Yamaha SRX
In my last post I talked about the engine mod's I made and am looking at doing. Here are some pic's and a list of the suspension and exterior changes I made to my new 08 RTX
1) Blue windshield
2) Windshield extensions
3) C&A Razor pro skis with blue grab handles
4) New aluminum front grab bar/bumper
5) Billet cap
6) Picked to 96, changing to 144
7) Front blue skid plate
8) A-arm guards
9) Fox float guards
10) rear blue flap
11) knee guards
12) 2" riser and a Yamaha handle bar pad
13) Added a mid a front wheel kit assembley
14) A new rear suspension block from Hauk made of black UHMW
15) Removed the tunnel side plates, ski mounts, and foot bars then had them powder coated blue
16) Removed all of the arms, the front grab bar, and the rear bumper, and had them powdercoated white
17) Removed the ball joints and turned them down some for a better angle.
18) Purchased a blue Yamaha tank bag, and a rear black trail bag.
19) Added a few decals to spice it up a bit.
20) Wife just ordered me the trail tank for my birthday, and the new white Nytro hand guards from Yamaha. Thats next
Hope you like it. Fill me in with any suggestions or input. Thanks for the help :4STroke:

Attachments

• 07.JPG
    07.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 88
  • sled2.JPG
    sled2.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 96
  • sled3.JPG
    sled3.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 90
  • sled6.JPG
    sled6.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 84

a few pics that I forgot

:bling ;)!

Attachments

• 07.JPG
    07.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 74
  • sled4.JPG
    sled4.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 75
  • sled.JPG
    sled.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 75
  • sled5.JPG
    sled5.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 78
arteeex said:
I heard the Superman logo adds 20 hp.

Are you the same guy that sold it to me on e-bay? Thats the same thing he said when I bought it. Hilarious! :rules

Not to sure on that 150 hp claim with those mods, and the 150 hp decal and superman decal are kinda gawdy.

micheal_654 said:
That Yamaha bar pad , does Yamaha make it and how long is it?
Yes it is from Yamaha. It is the non-notched style one under the new Nytro section on their website. I wil get the dimension tomorrow

TurboJamie said:
Not to sure on that 150 hp claim with those mods, and the 150 hp decal and superman decal are kinda gawdy.

Burst his bubble why dont ya!! I really need to meet you one of these days. I really need to know what its like to find perfection!!

MrSled said:
TurboJamie said:

Burst his bubble why dont ya!! I really need to meet you one of these days. I really need to know what its like to find perfection!!

Thanks for the support and input. The POWER will come with time and money. The 150 claim is by the dealer/installer. As I have seen on many sites and forums, these sleds are anywhere from 132-134HP stock. Then by adding the items the dealer had on their test sled, They said it put it at around 152HP like their sled. Thats where theirs dynoed at.Never got mine dynoed yet. Will once I start doing more stuff this year to the engine. The Decals added someting to an empty spot, also to me it's a rotating number that will keep going up over the years :Rockon: . It is also to give the people I ride with something fun to talk about. My other decals are there til I figure out if I want to go the painting route or the Arctic FX route. Looking for something a little more one of a kind. Glad some of you enjoy it. :rocks:

Back