• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My Test Ride on the Viper

Janzkak

A few pictures Sr Viper test driving. Are these images in the right topic?

IMGP3836_zps7b0a9ff0.jpg

IMGP3862_zps9143939a.jpg

IMGP3872_zpsf3328f5e.jpg

20130405-212850.jpg

And a couple videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG6lmDeq ... 1IQVVFa6qQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Motzb5MU9Ok

Looks like it has great power response as the skis seem to be lifting anytime you tweak the throttlw. Did you get any top end runs, how fast? Overall, did you like it?

Yea, great sled. I did not drive at top speed, but the 125 km / h runs easily. Power response is very good, but transmissios setup is not very well, importer said. But thoughl my opinion power response felt good.. The production model comes in different transmission settings.The front suspension was the best I've driven, worked very sensitively. The second must mention that the track suspension to move better weight than Fx nytro and more easier to handle in powder snow than Nytro. After all I love my Nytro more than the Viper at the moment. Let's see in the future. Of course Yamaha's finish is a different level.

Hopefully u understand my english..

Was this one of the Prototypes? Are you guys in Europe first getting to ride them now or was this last season? How did the balance of sled feel front to back?

Janzkak said:
Yea, great sled. I did not drive at top speed, but the 125 km / h runs easily. Power response is very good, but transmissios setup is not very well, importer said. But thoughl my opinion power response felt good.. The production model comes in different transmission settings.The front suspension was the best I've driven, worked very sensitively. The second must mention that the track suspension to move better weight than Fx nytro and more easier to handle in powder snow than Nytro. After all I love my Nytro more than the Viper at the moment. Let's see in the future. Of course Yamaha's finish is a different level.

Hopefully u understand my english..

I thought this was a production sled, still the prototype?

Thanks, excited to get the production model soon!!! :-o

The chassis is awesome. Rides like a doo. I had a 300hp Cat with the same chassis last winter. It's light an flickable. It feels alot like a rev xp.

NB-NYTRO said:
The chassis is awesome. Rides like a doo. I had a 300hp Cat with the same chassis last winter. It's light an flickable. It feels alot like a rev xp.

Having a had a stock F1100 Turbo for all of last year (1,250 +/- miles) and rode all three (XTX, LTX, & RTX) of the SE Vipers at a Demo in March for about 10 miles; I can say the Vipers felt A LOT lighter than the unbalanced AC turbo. The Vipers didn't have the heavy front end feel that my AC had.

Blu2U2 said:
NB-NYTRO said:

Having a had a stock F1100 Turbo for all of last year (1,250 +/- miles) and rode all three (XTX, LTX, & RTX) of the SE Vipers at a Demo in March for about 10 miles; I can say the Vipers felt A LOT lighter than the unbalanced AC turbo. The Vipers didn't have the heavy front end feel that my AC had.
I'm the same line. Maybe it is due to the fact that Arctic Cat engine weighs about 7kg more than Nytros engine.

Blu2U2 said:
NB-NYTRO said:

It could have been my 300hp.. This thing felt like a feather all season .. I played with the air shocks some... My ski's never hit the ground.. lol

NB-NYTRO said:
Blu2U2 said:
NB-NYTRO said:

It could have been my 300hp.. This thing felt like a feather all season .. I played with the air shocks some... My ski's never hit the ground.. lol

So your 300 hp is lighter than the stock 1100 turbo?? In my comp. I was talking about after the sled is air born/launched. The Vipers glided in the air vs. the front end nose dives of my AC. I am sure with all the ponies your front end would be off the ground!

I don't know guys the power and sound don't seem to excite me that much. Anyone disagree? Compared to an Apex I guess is worth mentioning. Every video I see it just doesn't sound as sweet as I imagined it would. Here on Yamaha website Vipers are 15000-17000 and a leftover Apex with EPS is 12000. Just doesn't seem right.

Back