• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Need a heavier spring for my RT-X SE

kkokko

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder RTX-SE
Hi guys,

I am looking for any advice or suggestions on how to make my rear suspension stiffer for my 2017 RT-X SE Sidewinder. I am about 290 lbs and have the rear springs on the highest setting and when I hit larger bumps it bottoms out or when the sled is hooking up well on the trail the rear suspension also collapses due to the torque of the sled. I have talked to my dealer and there is no factory "Heavy Spring" option coming out or in the works that he knows if. Searching online, I found one company that sells custom rear springs based on the weight of the rider, the company is called Hygear Suspension. Has anyone ever dealt with this problem and what did they do to correct it. Has anyone done any Business with Hygear on their custom springs and how did they work. Thanks in advance for any help. Kevan

I have adjuster blocks that have a 4th position that adds another 1/2" of prelaod.

Just wondering where you have tried setting your compression? I know 3 is barely usable, but I assume you tried 2?

At your weight, it seems like you will likely need more spring out back.

Dan

Back