• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Need advice

Vincent James

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 nytro xtx
Never been out West and looking to get a crossover sled for upper michigan and out west togwotee Wyoming and Cooke city Montana. Looking at buying a new 2017 btx 153 with a 1.75 track. With ice scratchers tunnel storage and extra gas they want 14,600 out the Door. Is the track enough? Dealer says it can do anything but climb steep slopes. What i would need? Go to a two stroke? If there's a thread or a good article that could help that would be awesome to. I'm a newbie so anything you have to say would be excellent. Thanks.

Yes, that will work. If you ever wanted more track you could always put a 2.6" on for out west.

I talked to a guy that had that same sled and track and said it worked very well in the UP. He told me that he would swap out tracks to the bigger one when he went out west so he could climb. He said he liked the shorter lug track for the Midwest because he could ride it on the trails with no problems. If I could afford a new sled that's the one that I would get.

Back