• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Need Advice On A Shock Replacement

Boston RX1

TY 4 Stroke Master
I have a 2017 BTX with the fox air shock in the rear. It cushions to bumps, but bottoms out on small to mid sized bumps. It feels almost like I am on a pogo stick. Am I dating myself? I have significantly increased the air in both chambers. It does not ride anywhere near my 2018 LTX with the QS3's. Any ideas as to what shock package I should move to? I ride mostly trails, but love the ability to play off trail. I love the 1.75" track and the way it hooks up.

Hey Boston! I have pretty well same issue. I just went and purchased hygear suspension dual pressure system for me rear fox shock.
Hopefully it makes it better! I don't think it can make it worse.
I also have 2017 BTX sidewinder.

That sounds great. I called Hygear as well today, just waiting for a call back. When will you install this shock?
Just ordered!! Hopefully within 2 weeks, I'm in Canada so hopefully shipping goes smooth!!

Will you have that installed and ridden before the season is over?
I'm thinking and hoping i will, Just have to hope no issues with shipping, this covid seems to effect that kinda stuff up here.

What is the name of the shock you purchased? I will wait to hear how you make out. What was the cost of the shock?

What is the name of the shock you purchased? I will wait to hear how you make out. What was the cost of the shock?
It’s not a shock. It’s a hygear suspension dual pressure system. It’s like installing a piggy back onto our fox float 3 that is already in there. More air volume for the shock hopefully less overheating.

Back