• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Need Carb help!!!

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2008 Yamaha Vector LTX GT.
WEBSITE
www. Moosehead Lawn Care.com
YAHOO
colemanbodemer@yahoo.com
Hey guys. So tonight I was taking my carbs apart for a cleaning, and took these out. Which I believe are the pilot screws? Anyways I took all the jets out, floats off, the pilot screws out, and am going about blowing out my carbs. Then all of a sudden there where parts flying up into my face, lol. So come to find out it was the washers/rubber o-ring/ spring for the pilot screws!! Now this is the first time I have ever had the Pilot screws out/ stuff flying ever where. So, 2 of the pilot screw holes I blew out and all the washers/ rubber o-ring/ spring came out also. The third one, is untouched, except for backing the pilot screw out some. So my question is, in what order do these parts go in? And is there only one washer, one rubber o-ring and the one spring for each pilot screw, or did I not find all the parts? And last question is, how far in do I tighten these screws when I put them back together? I assume you have to tighten them in fully, then back them out? Here is an example (lets just say the pilot screws are fully tightened right down, 5 turns back is for 5,000 feet of elevation, does it work like this or no? All I want to do is get it back to the stock setting. Thanks guys, look forward from hearing from all of you. I am having problems uploading pictures right now. Will try to post some tomorrow if you guys need pictures.

Spring first then little washer then o-ring
Thank you so much for clearing this up!! I read some where you snug down tight, then back off 2 full turns (360 degrees), is this the factory/ stock setting for this 2008 vector carb? I would like to set it right at stock if you would know how many turns, or how to set the pilot screw to stock I would appreciate that!! Thanks again, you are a life saver!! We are expecting 4-8" of snow up here, so I want to get this carb put back together quick and on the sled!!

Real quick, just so I do not make any mistakes. You put the spring down into the carb (I have the carb upside down on the bench) first, then the washer, then the o-ring? For some reason (what do I know about this) I thought it was the rubber o-ring, then washer, then the spring, then the pilot screw that you screw into place? Am I wrong on thinking this?

O-ring goes in carb first, followed by the washer, spring and pilot screw. Put the whole assembly together first and then screw it in.

I put everything on the screw first before putting in it the carb the o- ring will hold the washer and spring on, not sure what the setting would be on that I have never had the carburetors off mine, if you don’t have the other screws out on the other carbs you can see what their set at

O-ring goes in carb first, followed by the washer, spring and pilot screw. Put the whole assembly together first and then screw it in.
Got it!! I read some where that you snug the screws up, then back them off 2 full turns? At least that is what they where doing on a RX-1. We are not up high for elevation, so I would like to set it carb back to stock if you would know how many turns to back the screws off. Btw, I loosened the third screw up so I have no idea on what that one was set at. I do know this, that they where backed off some. They where not snugged tight at all.

2 full 360° turns out is stock.
Thank you man you are a life saver!! That is all I needed to know. I will be putting the carbs back together today and calling it good on that. We are starting to get some snow up here, not enough for riding yet, but getting there!! Thanks again, you have been a huge help!!!

Did you get the carbs back on did you have decent luck?
Yes I got them all reassembled, and on the sled. All I have left to do is finish up working on my rear suspension, put air box back on, headlights and start it up!! So I will be getting it going today, as I really do not have much left to work on, on my sled. I will let you guys know how it runs.

When I mess up and can't figure out the sequence of parts or what part is what or where it goes, I refer to the Yamaha genuine parts micro fiche. I mess up a lot so it is actually in my favorites on my computer :)

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/yamahagenuineparts/showmodel.asp?make=yamahasnow
Oh believe me I was using this also. Was having trouble finding out if the little rubber o-ring went on first, then the washer, or the washer, then the o-ring. I got it figured out though. The guys above helped me out. Btw, the sled is running great right now!!

Back