• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

NEED HELP! RX-1 continuous backfire at idle?

glas0233

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2003 yamaha rx1, Past sleds: 1990 Arctic Cat Prowler, 1996 Arctic cat 440z, 2004 Ski Doo Renegade 800, 2005 Arctic Cat M7
I have an 2003 rx-1. I just changed the exhaust donuts and got my carbs cleaned and synchronized. At idle it has a continuous backfire. Any idea what could be causing this? The exhaust doesn't seem to be leaking as I have plugged the tail pipes and it wants to stall. could the carbs still be out of sync? dirty carbs? I have attached a video so you can here the exhaust. Thanks for the help!

I have an 2003 rx-1. I just changed the exhaust donuts and got my carbs cleaned and synchronized. At idle it has a continuous backfire. Any idea what could be causing this? The exhaust doesn't seem to be leaking as I have plugged the tail pipes and it wants to stall. could the carbs still be out of sync? dirty carbs? I have attached a video so you can here the exhaust. Thanks for the help!
No video attached. Could be number of things, coil? After dark start it with hood open see if coils are arcing.

That was going to be my next suggestion that maybe a coil is bad. Make sure you are getting spark to all 4 cyl and like BigDog said see if you notice any arcing with it running in a dark garage.

Sounds good thanks for getting back to me!

Sounds good, thanks for the help!

Back