• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Need help.....St. Ignace , MI to Copper Harbor

kobrien

Looking to take make a backpacking trip from St. Ignace, MI to Copper Hardbor. How many miles each way, any recommendations?

Going to make the Apex earn her money!!!

Look forward to hearing from you guys

It is about 320 miles by car. Looking at the map I would GUESS 400-475, but the only way to know for sure is to ride it. Sounds like a ton of fun! Let us know how it goes.

We are riding from the Sue. to Hurley wisconsin in 2 weeks so I can let you know. I would figure about 450 or so.

Backpack trip? What's wrong with the Apex?

Sorry..LOL.
Have a great time. We did 219 last year in about 6 hours of riding from home, heading toward Cazenovia. Lots of big fields...

I have done the trip twice.
Spend the first night in Big Bay-270 miles.
Next night thru baraga up to the lake so you can take the ice and get around Chassell to Houghton -then up to Copper -a little over 250 on the sled the second night.Smoking ride you will dig it.

jjaredco said:
I have done the trip twice.
Spend the first night in Big Bay-270 miles.
Next night thru baraga up to the lake so you can take the ice and get around Chassell to Houghton -then up to Copper -a little over 250 on the sled the second night.Smoking ride you will dig it.
How far is it from Newberry to Marquette (Harvey)or how long you think it would take?

Back