• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Need help with a motor on a 09 Nytro XTX

Hatim Anwar

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha Nytro XTX
I was riding my sled and mid ride the sled stalled. I got it back home and looked at it and nothing looks visibley wrong and all the usual things I checked were good to go. The sled try’s to turn over but all I hear is a clicking sound without anything turning over move. The sled is a 09 Nytro XTX and only has 5800 miles on it. I find it very hard to belivie that motor has seized but I can’t figure out what else it may be. Oil is changed every year and sled is full of oil. If anybody knows of anything I can’t think of then that would be greatly appreciated.

I was riding my sled and mid ride the sled stalled. I got it back home and looked at it and nothing looks visibley wrong and all the usual things I checked were good to go. The sled try’s to turn over but all I hear is a clicking sound without anything turning over move. The sled is a 09 Nytro XTX and only has 5800 miles on it. I find it very hard to belivie that motor has seized but I can’t figure out what else it may be. Oil is changed every year and sled is full of oil. If anybody knows of anything I can’t think of then that would be greatly appreciated.
Easiest first. Is the battery holding a charge?

You check the starter relay by the oil reservoir?

Yup relay is the likely culprit or also called solenoid mine went last year, I now carry a spare.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Hey I noticed you created a thread 6 minutes earlier to this looking for a Nytro engine. Guess you don't need the engine anymore?:-o

Possibly the stator quit charging and once the battery voltage dropped to a point it could no longer run the fuel pump and electronics it stalled. Put a full charge on the battery then see if it'll start. If so you'll need to measure battery voltage while running to see if it's charging. Also check battery and starter relay for corrosion and loose connections.

Last edited:

Back