• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

need speed help...f7 keeps kickin my butt

#1APEXRIDER said:
I noticed most replies suggested going to a 23 tooth top gear. Would 24 be to much when running on hard pack or the lake ??

Yes!!!

#1APEXRIDER said:
I noticed most replies suggested going to a 23 tooth top gear. Would 24 be to much when running on hard pack or the lake ??

Unless you are on glare ice with a 3000ft + run, the 24 gear will not help.

Where is the best place to get a 23 tooth top gear, and can I use the existing chain ?

#1APEXRIDER said:
Where is the best place to get a 23 tooth top gear, and can I use the existing chain ?

if you have a 22 top gear you will have a 68 chain and will need a 70 chain with a 23 top. ulmer has both of these as well

Primetime said:
24 gear is 3 mph faster on hard pack and ice than 23gear

From what we have found with the stalker 2 on the lake, the 24 IS faster than the 23 in most WOT conditions. If you have ideal surface and air temp, you will achieve more top end with the 24. Alot of people like the 23 because it feels faster, has a little better midrange and is faster in a short run. Its up to you, you will gain with either one. I prefer the 24 because I run alot of long straight wide trails and loooooong lakes... WOT for 15 miles+ sometimes...

Holy $%^t, ! WOT for 15 miles+ sometimes !!!!
The farthest I would be going WOT is like 1/2 mile, if that. Looks like 23 tooth would work best for me.
Not that it matters, but I run with Cats, Doos, and Dragons, and they always like to compare fill up quantities. Would the 24 tooth top gear help in that area ? It is really hard to come close to the doos in mileage.

dont waste your money, you will only beat him to 100 mph, then his sled will walk on by
if you want to beat him to 100, buy a clutch kit, 23 top gear, low snow front wheels, air box mod, PC3 and ignition moduale, take out 100 studs, set transfer rod to max, cr10 plugs

I say you race them all for 15 miles, you will surely be the winner and most likely the only one to make it, 4-strokes can handle 15 miles WOT!

There is a thread on TY somewhere where a guy took an 07 RTX and ran it on a lake with all 3 gears in the same day with the same conditions. The conclusion was that the 22T gear was the fastest with the pro active skid. Do a search it is here somewhere.

Just run him once on a shot of NOS and he'll never speak to you again !!

number1kyster said:
There is a thread on TY somewhere where a guy took an 07 RTX and ran it on a lake with all 3 gears in the same day with the same conditions. The conclusion was that the 22T gear was the fastest with the pro active skid. Do a search it is here somewhere.

dont believe it no way no how!! what did he run? 500ft?
a monkeys knowledge of mechanics can tell you otherwise, just doesn't makes sense, there is a reason I run a 23, I didn't just pick a number out of a hat!!

imho

OK so ill call Alan and get a 23 top with the proper chain. cr 10 plugs and low snow wheel kit for now...then i will be broke for a few weeks. Thanks to all who are helping...i will post vids as soon as we get snow!

I agree with most responses, clutching and gearing but studs are killing you, I run 192 @ 250HP and hook up just fine, your over studded for a stocker. All those studs take HP to turn the weight especially at high speeds.

He is not stock so you don't have to be either. Put a Yam-Charger on with clutching and it will be light's out. I have one on my Attak that was bought through Simon's CPR and tuned by Jeff, It runs very very well. Infact i know he has a couple kit's that will be in stock in roughly two week's. Loose at least 48 stud's and go with the 23 tooth top, The 23 is good for more top end than you will be able to pull on hard pack.

Back