• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Needpart no. for rivet nuts for skid plate

drfbuster

Extreme
screwed up one of the rivet nuts for Yamaha skid plate on Attak and cant seem to find a replacement any help would be appreciated....Thanks drf

Attachments

• POPnut Blind Rivet Nuts.JPG
    POPnut Blind Rivet Nuts.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 158
dont feel bad.i did also.to much in a hurry.i will be getting some this week.i can let you know.

i will buy some extra's.i have some here just not the right ones.i used to use them all the time.

i was pissed i messed one up.i might buy the air tool that does them if i install many more.yamaha should have them installed from the factory and just throw plugs in the holes.

This is from the Yamaha Canada website:

"An exclusive Yamaha design, this 0.25" thick HDPE skid plate offers excellent protection for the belly pan and bulkhead and great looks. Mounting hardware allows for quick, easy removal of plate.

Replacement mounting hardware is available: SMA-8FA34-MT-KT$25.95"

Pricey...but you guys can share :D

thanks.i knew about that kit but like you said its pricey.i think it includes all the installation parts including the tool.

Hey Rich, did you get any rivet nuts yet?

Also I'm getting ready to add ski guides and traction mats to my trailer and would like to buy them from you.....drf

Hey Rich I was wondering if you have any replacement screws for these Attak skidplates? If you do I would like to buy some. I am also looking for some front shock covers for my Attak in black or maybe blue. Thanks Dave

Go to any auto body shop,they should have these in metric or standrd. I messed up mine when I was putting my skid plate on my Attack. My local auto body guy gave me a handful for nothing

Go down to the good local Ace Hardware and pick them up in 1/4-20 thread. Make sure to get the install tool also. I think you need about 1/2 or 5/8 inch reach.

Back