• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Never shop for groceries on empty stomach

vsmpowered said:
what happened to youe sled yamahatim?

Well besides the clutching problems that I have now fixed.

Me and my wife went for the weekend backpacking and on the last day we went around 300 miles went to the hotel for the night. Woke up to head back and started up both sleds and walked over to my wife's sled and was getting the ice build up off of her skid, as Vectors hold a lot of that. While kicking ice off after around 30 seconds of helping her my sled shut off. So I was like what the heck, and walked over to it only to find it had leaked out around 2 quarts of oil. So no good. After a heck of a time getting it back. I went to the shop and dropped it off. I guess there is a ball bearing that was frozen, and that's why it leaked so much oil out of the breather tube. So no major damage. Compression check was good, leak down test was good. So everything was good with the motor and Turbo. I thought I might have blown my motor like Steve. But I did not! So I was lucky! Weird thing but it's a easy fix. The stock canister is behind the muffler. But for my turbo it had to be moved on the other side where it does not stay as hot. So a fix will be made so I do t have to go through that again. But it's all good I should have it back early next week. :Rockon:

Geez I don't come on the site for a while or talk to you two ( tim & steve ) and all hell breaks loose!

I don't know how you two keep it so cool i'd be so damn pissed. With the amount of $$ you two spent at Haulk id be even more upset especially Steve! They installed the kits and they should have fixed it under warranty. It did seem at the time it was a mad rush to get the sleds done so i'm guessing it's an error on their part.

Steve's never ran right like he said from the first trip we took. If that was my shop and I did that kind of work with the first problem called in I would have had Steve bring it in and a full once over would have been done to make sure everything was working and installed right so no problems will happen.

apexgt40 said:
I don't know how you two keep it so cool i'd be so damn pissed. With the amount of $$ you two spent at Haulk id be even more upset especially Steve! They installed the kits and they should have fixed it under warranty.

I've been told there is NO warranty on a boosted sled, so all of the cost would come out of the dealers pocket. The chance you take for H.P. Probably the number one reason I won't put aftermarket on my viper. It's plenty fast through the woods and not a pooch by any means on the river.

You're right but when MPI is the preferred kit and now the OEM kit for 2015 and what they have done in the past with Yamaha you would think their would be a little help. Especially from the dealer that sold and installed it.

And yes I agree a boosted sled is fun but not worth the headaches and downtime. The season is short and when it snows you have to get get out the day or of the next before the trails get pounded. Seeing the boosted sleds I really wanted a kit but after my break in period and my sled opened up a bit. I thought to myself why would I need more power? I ride twisty trails and twisty trails. I can't go any faster than I already to around corners so whats the point.

Right on....it's not the turbo that is causing the problems. Mine is oil coming out. And mine is covered under warranty, just like my clutching was! Unles i do something stupid like no coolant or no oit or overheat it and keep riding it will be covered for 5 years! If it is a turbo malfunction it will be covered by MPI. A engine mafiuction it will be covered. So I'm safe. Except for when it is in the shop.

Back