• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New 2017 Yamaha Sleds...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if there is an NA 998 available too....perhaps another new model? Last year for the DB3 sleds? Can the chaincase oil be drained instead of having to crack the case? It will be cool to see if they were able to reengineer the entire drivetrain.

I read here that the Viper is only 20lbs more than the new 850 etec in the Rev Gen 2 chassis.

I'm sure this new one will be lighter than the Viper so weight shouldn't be an issue.

I wonder if there is an NA 998 available too....perhaps another new model? Last year for the DB3 sleds? Can the chaincase oil be drained instead of having to crack the case? It will be cool to see if they were able to reengineer the entire drivetrain.
They better have put a drain plug in the chaincase! That's a pain in in the but to change!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
They changed the clutch a little so maybe they changed the drive train. I heard they added a roller secondary.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Hey! I save my vacation for the winter and don't have cabins and Idaho to go to like you do!!!! As to the money....you can't take it with you! Remember....my wife has already given me the OK to buy a new sled!!! :jump:

That's always the #1 obstacle! BUT....I need an enclosed trailer first.

I know just where to find in enclosed trailer . Next door at my brothers. LOL ! Hey I'll trade you one ride on new turbo for key to Trailer

The info that leaked still left all kinds of areas of speculation that can be discussed and guessed about all day long. If you can't understand business relationships and maintaining those relationships then I don't know what to tell you
I totally get that there is a relationship that needs to be maintained and protected. My point was simply that there are better discussions available when you have more information. Is that information complete? Nope. Does it make for a better discussion at the moment? In my opinion, yes.

The moderation statement wasn't aimed at just this thread. I actually understand where you are coming from in most ways with this thread. There have been some interesting choices in the past regarding moderation. As stated, I really like this site overall and I understand that it is privately owned and operated. I like the family type atmosphere that is promoted within these discussions. I dislike that many discussions that were critical of some of the yamaha sleds were heavily edited and moderated in ways that I don't support.

I am currently in a position that I may be looking to purchase a new sled either this spring or next. Yamaha tops the list in manufacturers that I will be looking at. With that I am interested in all the discussion with regards to this sled and others.

So, Staggs65, I respect your position and hope that clarifies mine a bit more for you. :)

I totally get that there is a relationship that needs to be maintained and protected. My point was simply that there are better discussions available when you have more information. Is that information complete? Nope. Does it make for a better discussion at the moment? In my opinion, yes.

The moderation statement wasn't aimed at just this thread. I actually understand where you are coming from in most ways with this thread. There have been some interesting choices in the past regarding moderation. As stated, I really like this site overall and I understand that it is privately owned and operated. I like the family type atmosphere that is promoted within these discussions. I dislike that many discussions that were critical of some of the yamaha sleds were heavily edited and moderated in ways that I don't support.

I am currently in a position that I may be looking to purchase a new sled either this spring or next. Yamaha tops the list in manufacturers that I will be looking at. With that I am interested in all the discussion with regards to this sled and others.

So, Staggs65, I respect your position and hope that clarifies mine a bit more for you. :)
Cool, I get that. Come back tonight and the real fun will begin. I for one like what I saw. Looking forward to being able to get the rest of the details

We might just as well accept the fact that there will probably never be anything new coming from Japan other than engine's.....which might not be a bad thing.

I think it will come next year as an Apex replacement with 20p more than this new one and full Japan chassis.

We have to remember that they had to build something for AC to replace the Suzuki 4s in both the NA and Turboed version. If they didn't, AC would have to drop some models. The question is was this move mostly done to accomidate AC? What does Yamaha going to get out of this?

You would think this release would be proof enough. I never say never but that all Japan Yamaha is NEVER going to happen. This sled looks awesome and brings the best from both companies. Camping outside dealer now to spring check at 5pm. LOL! Just hope it's close to my price range, the reg viper was pushing it as it is.

That's a sled I'd be interested in, 998na, especially if all the Viper teething problems are taken care of. Come on Venom!

I'd like to see which sled will be fastest, the Yamaha or the Arctic Cat? Will the ECU and clutching differ between the two? Or will they just be identical sleds painted different colours? What about the chassis structure itself? Newly designed? or just massaged over to accommodate the engine?

I was hopping this new engine would be Yam only. AC can use the 1050 Genessis with there own turbo or MPI's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back