• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

NEW ATTAK. 1 GLARING PROBLEM TO SOLVE. HELP

DANX123

Expert
I RECIEVED MY ATTAK ON FRIDAY. PUT 200 MILES ON SUNDAY IN EXCEPTIONAL CONDITIONS. 1 PROBLEM I HAVE TO SOLVE. IT BOTTOMS OUT IN WALLOWS . MY SIDE SHOCK SETTING IS AT THE HARDEST . ANY IDEAS. PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

Attachments

• Mckinley11-06 026.jpg
    Mckinley11-06 026.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 82

Change the clip under the spring in the rear shock to the 3rd position. No more bottoming. I have a bud that weighs 340. He did this to his Attak & can,t bottom it out at all.

Mydealer says you should not have to change to the big boy spring unless you are well over 300lbs. Just change the clip position.

Turk said:
Change the clip under the spring in the rear shock to the 3rd position. No more bottoming. I have a bud that weighs 340. He did this to his Attak & can,t bottom it out at all.
I APPRECIATE THE ADVISE. IM LOOKING IN THE OWNERS MANUAL AND ALL I SEE FOR THE REAR SHOCK IS THE ROUND ADJUSTABLE COLLAR.
IS THAT WHAT THE REAR CLIP IS ? IF NOT WHAT SECTION OF THE OWNERS MANUAL COVERS IT.?

TO CHANGE THE CLIP POSITION YOU NEED TO PULL THE SHOCK FROM THE SKID and put the shock in a spring compressor and then move the clip.
you should only have to move the clip to the 2nd postion

very easy job :D

Another factor in the bottoming seesm to be the position of the transfer rod. If you set up for minimum transfer you share the rear weight a bit more. Mine only sags 38mm now, was about 42mm when the dealer set it up new. But since then I moved the transfer to 1/2 toward minimum, to keep the skis from popping in the air due to so much transfer on cormer exit.

sk-rx1 said:
Another factor in the bottoming seesm to be the position of the transfer rod. If you set up for minimum transfer you share the rear weight a bit more. Mine only sags 38mm now, was about 42mm when the dealer set it up new. But since then I moved the transfer to 1/2 toward minimum, to keep the skis from popping in the air due to so much transfer on cormer exit.

I just came back from my first real ride on my Attak. If you're trying to get more weight on the skis don't you want to go with more weight transfer rather than less? I'm a novice on the sleds so forgive me if this is a stupid question. :ORC

If you jump and ride aggresively get the BIG BOY spring.
I am 260 w/ gear.
I have the higher rate spring and have it on the 3rd clip.
I can get the rear skid to bottom very lightly. That is the way you want it. If the skid does not bottom lightly every now and then you are not using the full travel of the suspension.

If you want to lift the skies move the transfer more to max. If you like doing wheelies and tail walks move it to MAX....

Have fun :D :-o

Thanks! I've been moving it further and further to max, and been frustrated with the turning. Just moved it back to half/min. and I'm MUCH happier. I'm also 260 dressed, so the big boy spring it is. Thanks again!

Back