• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New cats, WOW They hit it out of the park

It's like a cheap whore. It's ok till you get caught!

I ride my Yamaha's hard, put them away wet, and they keep coming back for more. LOL

ViperMan said:
Gotta say I was quite impressed with the Cat F 1100 in the white & orange when I first saw pictures, however after attending the Big East Power Sports Show in Syracuse NY yesterday, I left quite a bit less enthused. Saw one displayed which had been on a demo ride and must say it looked "cheaply made". Fit and finish was horrendous and nothing I could feel proud about putting my name on. Very jagged edges that looked like they were trimmed by hand with a hacksaw. Exposed, randomly spaced staples attaching the seat cover only added to the "cheap" effect. The white paint was chipped and flaking in several areas which quite frankly, with prices just shy of 14K in my opinion is unacceptable. Granted, I've not ridden one and I'm sure the Suzuki engine is reliable, but I can only imagine how poor this sled will hold up cosmetically after a season. Time will tell.

FYI its a PRE-production sled. I have seen the production models at some dealers and thought they were very good on the fit and finish, not Yamaha good but better then my F7.

You may be correct, possibly PRE production quality is not as good as what they will be releasing.....I sure hope so for Cat buyers sake. I'd love to try the new F 1100 turbo but not really in the budget this year. After riding my Phazer twin since '07 I bet the power from the turbo twin has got to be a riot. I love the Phazer chassis, light weight and flick-ability, but really would like more grunt to play with. The Cat definitely caught my eye. I hope to be able to ride one this season.

I sat on a couple of the new Cats this weekend at the Toronto show....WOW, nice sleds...love the rider position, similar to my Nytro with a bit more foot room. I think they did a real nice job with them, can't wait to see how the chassis works out cause I know they won't have motor issues. One thing my buddy pointed out, there is a hose exposed on teh front left side...looks to be for the intercooler to turbo? I assume no coolent runs through it...so worst case scenario, if it cot punctured you would just lose boost?

shaddow44 said:
I sat on a couple of the new Cats this weekend at the Toronto show....WOW, nice sleds...love the rider position, similar to my Nytro with a bit more foot room. I think they did a real nice job with them, can't wait to see how the chassis works out cause I know they won't have motor issues. One thing my buddy pointed out, there is a hose exposed on teh front left side...looks to be for the intercooler to turbo? I assume no coolent runs through it...so worst case scenario, if it cot punctured you would just lose boost?

I sat on a couple as well but found my knees hit the side panels beside the gas tank.

I am only 5'-8" so I was surprised they did hit.

They are nice looking, something different for a change but I would definitely want to test ride one for a long period of time before I would ever drop coin on one.

shaddow44 said:

Its becuse its a mirror image of a ski-doo XP/XR chassis... I am going to the Novi show in Nov, so i can't wait to sit on it....

Sat on it this weekend- very nice...nothing revolutionary, similar to the nytro and XP chassis (have only sat on them as well). Now hopefully the way they perform- that will be revolutionary.

I sat on them at haydays, and I thought they felt pretty good. I could definitely ride one. But I sat on a Sno Pro 500 immediately afterwards...and I REALLY liked that. Thats probably going to be my next sled. 720 kit? I think so!

Nothing like driving 7 hours to go ride, and having a sled break down... Yamaha keeps me smiling and takes a beating in the trails and is always there the next morning ready to be rode again. Started for me with the SRX, and now the Nytro. Has been a sled of choice from my dad as well since he started riding.

I'll take that over anything! Longevity and durability! Not to mention, none of the Yamahas are a slouch by any stretch of the imagination!

I've not heard or read anything about the 1100 Cat being an unreliable motor. Aside from the motors, all sleds are basically the same.

Back