• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New center shock spring install issues

dfroster

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2022 Arctic Cat Thundercat EPS
New heavier spring in but this is what I’m dealing with. Rear of sled is elevated. Any suggestions on how to get the holes lined up for bolt install?

Attachments

• 92937BB2-BF9B-4AD3-B57B-321E825C83FF.jpeg
    92937BB2-BF9B-4AD3-B57B-321E825C83FF.jpeg
    47.8 KB · Views: 185

I took all the pressure off shock spring. Compressed shock to align. The tightened spring back up. If you have the spring how u want it just count turns of retainer ring you backed it off.

I took all the pressure off shock spring. Compressed shock to align. The tightened spring back up. If you have the spring how u want it just count turns of retainer ring you backed it off.
Even with all pressure off spring and using a drift pin I couldn’t get that damn shock to compress enough. So I disconnected the straps at the rails and jacked up the front of sled to get the holes aligned for bolt install. Kind of a pain but job is done. Thanks for the reply!

Back