• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Poo got leaked...

I can't afford to buy new ($13,000 plus) and I would hate to finance something and have a $300 payment (if not more) over the summer.

So I did my research- found a good sled with a couple of mods already (trail tank and Yamaheater) and started making the sled my own

yes, I've spend money modifying it and will spend even more money modifying it, but I like doing it and that's all that matters to me.

the sleds isn't worth selling right now, but it will be still worth something when I'm done with it.

plus I like the way my nytro rides....I love the fun factor of throwing my body from side to side in corners- that's what made me fall in love with snowmobiling at young age and keeps me in this sport today- as a sit in office, I'm constantly thinking of my babe and ripping the trails!!!!!!!

don't get me wrong that new POO is sick looking and sounds great on paper, but we will see

have a great end of the season everyone and stay safe- and good luck with whatever you ride!!!!!

From what I hear the ETECs has sealed crank bearings and at something like 4-5k your suppose to take the engine apart to lube them or replace them., that's why they use little oil..I had an ETEC outboard, it was terrible. NEVER AGAIN! and after the wonderful customer support I got from BRP I would never own one. I now have a Suzuki/Johnson outboard on my boat and it has been great. Also fact is the best sled I personally owned was a '99 Polaris 700xc and my wifes '02 700 edge has been the best sled we've ever had 10,000 miles, motor untouched and an ORIGINAL JACKSHAFT BEARING!!!
...so it's not like I have blue glasses on.

fxnytrortxkid said:
Why is everyone praising the axis? Yes it's a great sled but it's not a totally new sled. It's the same as if yamaha updated the nytro with race front end, wrp seat and a trail tank and steering relocator and 128" relocate in rear(part of their race package). If yamaha did that you would have all bitched that it wasn't all brand new.

But here your crying its revolutionary from poo. Not saying nytro's amazing and the axis sucks. Just saying its a simple progression from the pro r last year and with some tweaks it's now the axis for all practical purposes. Yes they are awesome changes and I bet majority would be pleased with a nytro with the same changes but I don't see it as revolutionary.

Well, just because it looks similar, doesn't mean it is. It's all new. 93% new parts, so old skis and old fasteners in some locations. Is more than evolution.

And yes, Polaris is the only brand that did anything worth mentioning this year. They are the only brand that's trying. And they kept prices lower than the competition even after redoing sleds that sell well. When cat raises prices for adding new graphics and doing nothing else, that's a great move by Polaris.

But yes, I agree, the prices are still ridiculous. I saw a new Yamaha fz09 on the road today. First sport bike off the season. That bike is 8k msrp. And it's not stripped. Granted is a little light on the fairing area, but I have a feeling Yamaha or the after market will address that. There is the Indy 6, that you can get for less than 8k though.

Yes Dave, the bearings need to be lubed or replaced every few thousand miles on etecs. Imho, that's worse than the worst of the old Polaris 800 twins. Warranty won't cover what's expected to be routine maintenance. The Polaris motor would typically be covered under warranty if it failed earlier than expected, and typically those simply need new pistons and the cranks and bearings are fine.

Define "new part" tho.... They could have changed a mold or the way they made a linkage that's still the same pivot points but different design, sure it's gonna maybe improve strength or lessen the weight but it's still the same design an same part doing the same job in the same way. It's a refined rush at best in my eyes. And yes it's big improvements and a nice package.

To me tho it's still no different than the nytro getting the trail tank, race front end and rear 128" relocate with a taller seat and steering relocate. It's all making the sled better and in my eyes (on the nytro) what it should have been from the start. But it's not an all new revolutionary sled. I could be wrong but it just looks like a refined rush not an all new ground up sled. Even looking at pics of the chassis.

Tayloooor totally agree on every point. Plan to address basically the things I mentioned above on mine for the coming season. Bd-x steering post, raise seat (upholstery shop if I can find one or wrp) maybe a 1.5" track and c&a xtx skis and the skinz running boards. Might try to think of a way to delete radiator if I can, trail systems seem tough to delete them. Shocks have 3000k so time to redo them and make them fresh for the season an for less than trading in on new sled I'll have something I think is equal for the riding I do.

Fx, I think you are oversimplifying the axys in comparison to the rush.
It has skis, a track, and a motor. So it's no different than the original txl Indy from the early 80's.

There's some over simplifying. :)

The AXYS is a refinement of the Pro Ride chassis. It addressed the complaints owners had about the previous design. Nothing more, nothing less.

After the debacle they had with previous "all new designs" and the ProCross mess Cat had, I would venture to say manufactures are gun shy about putting out an unproven, new from the ground up sled for fear of their reputation, and bottom line, being damaged.

davessrx said:
From what I hear the ETECs has sealed crank bearings and at something like 4-5k your suppose to take the engine apart to lube them or replace them., that's why they use little oil..I had an ETEC outboard, it was terrible. NEVER AGAIN! and after the wonderful customer support I got from BRP I would never own one. I now have a Suzuki/Johnson outboard on my boat and it has been great. Also fact is the best sled I personally owned was a '99 Polaris 700xc and my wifes '02 700 edge has been the best sled we've ever had 10,000 miles, motor untouched and an ORIGINAL JACKSHAFT BEARING!!!

And I tried the talk my sister out of buying a etec and going, if anything with the 1200 if she had to buy Doo. I also had found her a used 2012 low mile Vector. Her answer was she didn't want to have to change the oil every year because she figures she can't do it herself (course she took the recoil off her old Doo and put a spring in it herself, rewound it, installed and it worked perfectly). Wait till she pays someone to do the bearings!

As for the Polaris, the gps seems like a good idea but what maps does it use? I hate the seat, where I would sit on it would be like sitting on a brick. Its meant for the riders that can bend their knees. I just see pain. Only thing I like is they have all the thumb stuff on the left side where it should be. Having to let go of the throttle or move my left hand over to adjust the thumbwarmer is something that is real old and real wrong.

Maybe it works maybe it don't but in reality who cares, its a two stroke. Polaris has nothing that interests me, once you go four you don't go back!

Sasquatch said:
Having to let go of the throttle or move my left hand over to adjust the thumbwarmer is something that is real old and real wrong.

Glad I'm not the only one that really hates the thumbwarmer switch location.
Now with my GPS mounted to the bars its even worse. :o|

davessrx said:

There is absolutely no consistency with the Etec motors. Some go down in less than 3k miles and some last a long time. There is a guy on HCS names "Scorpiobowl" who puts tons of miles on every year. He had to have a top end done on his 800 etec at 8,500 miles. The crank bearings let go at 14k miles. If all 800 etec lasted that long I would buy one in a heart beat. Just too many horror stories on the web about Etec's failing at low mileage.

The word new can't be applied to anything that is propelled by a two stroke engine.
I can't fathom the desire for two stroke engines no matter how much bling is added
.. It's like comparing Sally Strothers to a super model.

It is estimated that particulate emissions from a single 2-stroke motorcycle (read small engine) is comparable to those from a diesel truck or bus.
A fact that is rarely mentioned in the snowmobile world.....all other forms of motor sports have and/or are replacing the dated
two stroke with low emission 4 stroke engines.....Show me this sled with a 160-180 HP 4 stroke and then we'll talk advancements.

Barry

ghost rider said:
The word new can't be applied to anything that is propelled by a two stroke engine.
I can't fathom the desire for two stroke engines no matter how much bling is added
.. It's like comparing Sally Strothers to a super model.

Hey in her day Sally made me go loco :Rockon:

I'm not jaded, I actually like 2 strokes...miss my SRX and 700 poo engines. It's too bad poo doesn't offer more engines either...550 fan 600 or 800 liquids, tons of old triples, 500's and 700's still running around. Years ago they had so many choices and other than the 600 the others don't have a great reputation. I'd love to have a poo chassis with a Yamaha 4 stroke. Lets face it Yamaha do have some weak links but the engine ain't it.

Back