• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Rumor

Sometimes mad is good. Maybe that will light a fire under their a##rse to make sleds themselves again. Wouldn't that be something.
Yamaha will never again make a chassis for snowmobiles.

Ya thats too bad. Yamaha has all the resources to build and sell the best snowmobiles on the market. The shock technology today can really make the ride so much better.

Yamaha will never again make a chassis for snowmobiles.
I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but that doesn't bother me. Yes, my Sidewinder in not built to the same quality level that my deltabox sleds were. But, that is the only knock on the sled IMO. I like everything better about the SW. I'd much rather change a topgear bushing every fall than deal with those stupid exhaust donuts.

Some will never accept or understand this.
They will probably update the tw200 before there is a snow chassis. Hell even big green updated the klr a few years ago.

But Yamaha, yeah we are lucky to still get an engine like the 998 in sleds.

Cat should bring Suzuki back.
Good idea but sadly, I think that ship sailed. Unless Textron plans on investing in new engine development, Yamaha is the present and probable future for 4 strokes.

That would be Arctic crap...
LOL

That would be Me! I'm not riding a Artic crap!

Yes, they are all crap in some way if you want to be picky.

ever work on a modern doo.. no thanks.

Will the new polaris' be running the original motor it came with in 6-10 years, unlikely.

The deltabox chassis wasn't some unicorn of modern engineering. It was an overbuilt tank in some ways but it did not get everything right. I enjoyed the apex, I like the SRX better even if the only yamaha in it is the engine.

i friend told me that Yamaha was up set AC about the little sleds that they are making for ski-doo and the price they are paying for them yamaha want to raise the price of the engines an also they want to get more of the little sled built for them an where told no then they came out that they are building them for ski-doo Yamaha was very mad my friend said that works there.
Fairly sure that was the result of the lawsuit.

I'd like to pick up a blue or green 200 sled and it stinks they are sold out while they are selling them to doo at the same time. Take care of your dealers first.

Going to be a interesting season. BRP isn't building sleds now and Polaris has a huge don't sell or operate nearly a quarter million sleds!

BRP isn’t building sleds ?
I heard about a cyber attack that resulted in the shutdown on BRP. Polaris is about fire issues.

I heard about a cyber attack that resulted in the shutdown on BRP. Polaris is about fire issue
Cyber attack affected them for about a week. I’ve personally seen transport loads of sleds going down the highway.

Back