• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Rumor

Anyone hear that Polaris and Yamaha in the near future might be working on something?
I've heard some rumblings. Snow or dirt sides?

Anyone hear that Polaris and Yamaha in the near future might be working on something?
I have heard there was something on the sno-mo side.....

I heard snow. Dirt side they have been doing well. Makes sense since Cat contract should be close to over.
Makes sense. Polaris really seems to be sharpening their teeth lately on the snow side.

Why just bring the RZR turbo engine over? It's about 100cc smaller but looking at some of the s4 looks like a relatively easy add with the exhaust on the front.

I can't imagine that the triple turbo and intercooler would be easy to package in th matryx chassis.

They also have the boost......

It would only make sense if Polaris was interested in market consolidation, basically trying to buy off all of the Yamaha faithful. Because that won't happen in any complete sense, Polaris is risking some customers jumping to other brands and only getting a portion of the customer base. It would be an expensive gamble. From a technical perspective, it doesn't really make sense as @stgdz points out. They have a chassis that was built for their own 4s which they have a significant investment in. Yamaha/Cat still makes sense both technically and from a business perspective.

From what I remember reading about the axys chassis (The matryx is this with different plastics) is that it was designed around a twin cylinder. People wanted a triple triple and someone pointed that out a long time ago.

I'm guessing the 998 is wider than the old xcr 800 motors at the crankcase level. The top end is DEFINITELY larger than a triple two stroke

Why just bring the RZR turbo engine over? It's about 100cc smaller but looking at some of the s4 looks like a relatively easy add with the exhaust on the front.

I can't imagine that the triple turbo and intercooler would be easy to package in th matryx chassis.

They also have the boost......
I believe they require a larger counterbalance. The engines are heavy.

That new S4 weighs a lot more than a 900 ace.

I believe they require a larger counterbalance. The engines are heavy.

That new S4 weighs a lot more than a 900 ace.
The hcs guys were talking last spring about how things weren't rosy between cat and Yamaha. I guess it make sense. Will be interesting to see what the plastics look like and the packaging.

Polaris has had their own set of chassis problems these days. People have figured it out but I'm going wait till about 2029 before I pick one up. I will go where the 998 goes.

Back