• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Secondary spring from Thunder?

We have been testing a few new springs with great results. My clutches are not machined and I am pulling 14mph of overdrive with no coil bind or shimming. Waiting on final prototypes from supplier to test, We had a couple changes. These springs are also clocked to wrap like a normal Yamaha spring. No guessing 3-3 is 60 degrees.

interesting stuff shag! keep us posted!

We have been testing a few new springs with great results. My clutches are not machined and I am pulling 14mph of overdrive with no coil bind or shimming. Waiting on final prototypes from supplier to test, We had a couple changes. These springs are also clocked to wrap like a normal Yamaha spring. No guessing 3-3 is 60 degrees.

Super stoked for you guys to finish testing these and Lonn to start shipping them!

Can you explain what is "14 mph of overdrive"
What speed or rpm does the overdrive start ?

As Shagman has mentioned.....all good stuff here.

The secondary needed a spring that would have the same twist and side pressure as the stock spring....but Lonn's spring supplier (which is a great guy to talk to and work with) made a couple samples with very good results. The spring actually has a little more twist and side pressure which made the clutch work better that the stock spring.

If you are machined, it will still give you added performance.

Getting a couple more samples to make sure everything works before winter. Will be testing on grass soon

with stock helix???

with stock helix???

Yes, stock helix and different angles. The group involved with winders goes from bone stock to flashed sleds at different hpr levels.

Great info guys. Keep us posted when it's official. Taking my SW out on the Grass this fall.

--Buster696--

Word from Lonn is 50 springs of the final version are on their way to Thunder Products. Shagman and I should have ours within a few days.

Setting my winder up for winter once again. Will be tearing up my backyard test track on grass. Ran the winder on asphalt this season with good results.....along with @Dieselxtx and @shagman

Back