• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New ski upgrade recommendations !!

You will definitely turn with that set up but your gonna dart around like a M F ER. Hopefully someone makes a dual carbide for those ski's or you wasted your money. It's very hard to get a single carbide to work well with out darting around. Get a set of Cat ski's that are made for this chassis with a set of staggered dual carbides and you will have very good set up with no darting. The best set up is Snow Trackers on either the tuner or cat ski's hands down

No matter if you run the stock ski, Cat skis or any aftermarket ski with what ever carbides if the chassis is not properly adjusted your wasting your time. There is no magical c bolt on skis that don’t require proper suspension set up. Don’t be afraid to adjust things, it’s how you will learn what works. There is lots of great set up info on this site. You need to get the suspension ride height set first for your weight. Then with the track properly aligned check and set proper ski toe in. From there once you have snow to ride you can start to fine tune. It will pay off in the long run and you don’t need to be an expert just need to read a little and spend a little time with it.

Dang, about these Attack ski's if they suck as bad as you say, funny they had some good reviews online though.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind to learn how to adjust my suspension more. I haven't seen much info on suspension set up specifically for a '15 STX-DX model. Is there any reference or link you would suggest?

Just trying to help a guy out let us know what your thoughts are after you get it done and go for a ride. Setting ride height in rear is pretty straight forward you have 3 different settings for the springs. The center shock spring you can adjust to your liking the tighter you go will give you lighter steering and more weight transfer, front ski shocks I usually back them off all the way and adjust from there.

Thanks. What do you mean that I have 3 different ride height settings in rear?

The adjuster block for the rear torsion springs has 3 positions it can be set at. Setting it on the soft setting will give you the lowest ride height. Hard setting will give you the highest ride height. Look in the frequently asked questions section at the top of the Viper forums and check out suspension set up sections in the chassis section.

Hmmm, I don't see the 3 position adjustment block for the ride height. Where exactly is the adjuster block for the rear torsion springs on an STX model?
I took a couple pictures can you show me where?

Attachments

• IMG_4838.JPG
    IMG_4838.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_4839.JPG
    IMG_4839.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 64
I put Snowtracker semi-aggressive on my tuner skis (2016 Viper LTX-DX) and they are fantastic on the trails. Turns like its on rails. The Trackers don't like reverse very much! The Tuner skis are not good in deep snow. I am looking for a better combo of both conditions but love how the Trackers handle the trails.

Hmmm, I don't see the 3 position adjustment block for the ride height. Where exactly is the adjuster block for the rear torsion springs on an STX model?
I took a couple pictures can you show me where?
My bad, obviously a STX is not the same. You have the fox float air shock and no torsion springs. I would expect you would set it by changing air pressure of the shock.

Yeah. I have played with the air pressure in the rear shock. I changed the middle coil to a Stingray coil and have played with the tension on it also. What else can I do or learn about to better suit for me the suspension and ride on my sled? I thought trying new ski's would be the next step.

Back