• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Skinz Product Got Seat? Got BOARDS!!!!!!!!!

Completed the install of the Skinz boards and have one word - STURDY.
Fit and Finish are fantastic. I didnt used the black screws that came with, instead used natural colored ones for a contrast.

Here are a couple of pictures.
I did some other mods this fall and will post a section over in the garage to page through.

Out of the box
07141e11.jpg

removed old
c104e329.jpg

rough in
1c0e6668.jpg

Finished product
9da6cf08.jpg

Here's a pic of some natural ones on an 08. Very stiff, very nice.

Attachments

• IMG00065-20101218-1952.jpg
    IMG00065-20101218-1952.jpg
    397.8 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG00063-20101218-1951.jpg
    IMG00063-20101218-1951.jpg
    375.8 KB · Views: 82
Not to take you away from ty but christopher did a very detailed install of the boards over on snowest.

Those boards look great. Still trying to convince myself of the pricetag.

The old ones pretty much get cut right off. Just keep about a 3/4" lip for the skinz board to sit on, you can see it in one of Stolidoli's pics. They also came with amazingly detailed instructions. I'd say they're worth it. You can't put a price on fun!

Got some time this weekend on the boards. Aside from speechless - I am really not sure how to describe. Didnt have to kick, scrape, dig, bang, pry any snow off all day - not even once. Didnt lose my footing due to to much snow build up in the foot well. And to be honest - i didnt even notice until end of day that I wasnt constantly kicking snow off the boards. All I did was enjoy the ride.

These are the best boards on the market - period!
Worth every penny and then some for the reason I didnt even notice until the day was over....

Ride safe!
Got snow?

i love the look and the fact that snow wont build up. but only if there were some sort of tunnel support in the middel.. i have a feeling that #*$&@ will bend after hitting some good kickers,, the small lip from the old boards/tunnel just seams like a weak spot..

well, from first hand experience...I am 250+ gear...and I can tell you they dont have bend to them...they are WAY stronger than even stock boards...

I am certain Stoli can speak this quite well too, with pics of his old stock boards...

Back