• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

NEW STYLE MIRRORS ON AN 03-RX-1

local 25

Expert
I just put on the new style mirrors ,what an awsome improvement from the other style.One drawback is that they are a real pain in the a$$ to install.very time consuming.

Attachments

• Im001009.jpg
    Im001009.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 137
  • Im001010.jpg
    Im001010.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 126

LB, thanks for taking notice. I put the M-10 on this season,so that kinda wiped out my accessory budget for this year. But next year im gonna put the Ohlins on the front. Although,what would you recomend if i wanted to spend a little $$ for the remainder of this season? Thanks, Mark.

gerbie said:
where did you get those mirror's from? they look pretty nice!

They are RS Venture mirrors. I almost went with them for my new 04. But the dealer stated they vibrate quite a bit and you cannot get a cover over them. So I went with the stock RX-1 mirrors.

By the way, if you mount the the stock RX-1 mirrors on the opposite sides (left on right, right on left) you can adjust them to see better.

Ken

Local ,I did the same as lazy said , put on the straight rate springe the new link and I went with the 12 mm bar and then next year go with the simmons skis and you will save money over the ohlins and it will handle better .
Ger

I installed the same mirrors on my 03 and have no problem with the cover or vibration. But I installed a water temp guage and you have to mount the guage lower on the dash because of the cross bar between the mirrors. PS like the look of the hand guards on the handlebars.

the new style mirrors dont vibrate at all,i think it has something to do with the metal bracket that goes between the 2 mirrors. as far as a cover goes i use a covered trailer so i dont even own one.

local 25 said:
the new style mirrors dont vibrate at all,i think it has something to do with the metal bracket that goes between the 2 mirrors. as far as a cover goes i use a covered trailer so i dont even own one.

Damn, maybe I should have went for those mirrors after all! :(

Those mirrors also will fit under most covers as the mirrors fold back and fit nicely into the area between the side and middle portions of the windshield.

Back