• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stryke or aftermarket skis?

I put Stryke skis on my 2017 with snow trackers and they work pretty good. Not as good as my Viper which has cat skis and snowtrackers though. I am going to try shimming the front this year and see if that helps.

I put stryke skis on my 2020& there is room for improvement. Don’t know about others.they are better than tuners in most conditions.

The Stryke ski seems to be just a Cat ski with the ability to shim the ski built in. I have put them side by side and they are very similar.
I am going to try a few combos next year.
1. Slydog command ski with a round bar. The shaper bar on that ski on the four stroke is too aggressive for me. It works great on the pro-cross with the 2 stroke engines but the on the Sidewinders and Thundercat's it is too much for my style of riding. It feels like it wants to lift the inside ski all the time and steering effort is greater.
2. Stryke with a staggered carbide or the Qualipieces Mission offset carbide. I don't hate the staggered runner that comes stock on the factory ski. It works O.K. for me with a 1.5 track and 2 studs per bar.
3. I do have a set of Simmons dual carbide skis upstairs that I have been sitting on for a while. I may put them on just to see how they perform on this chassis.
The Qualipieces Trex carbide is intriguing also but is not currently offered in a ski that I own.

For me, I would rather have a little push than too much bite.

I'm putting Pilots on after running a bit on the Stryke. It's a good enough ski for low snow early season running with the stock carbides but nothing to wright home about. I prefer the 5.7 Single keel Doo Race ski myself. I'd never go out and buy the Stryke ski to replace anything else myself.

Agree with Knapp, I thought the stryke was decent at first on my 22ltx but conditions were low snow and very firm. As the snow depth grew I became less and less impressed to the point I removed them for the cat proclimb 7g2. Thise worked fantastic on the 137 chassis. They do have a little push in certain conditions on the 146 though.

Back