• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stryke or aftermarket skis?

fourbarrel

Building a collection one sled at a time
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2019 SRX
Ok everyone.Who has swapped the Tuners off their Winder for the new Stryke skis? Would you use Pilots,C&A,SLP or other instead? For the price of them I can buy the Stryke kit quite a bit cheaper than any of the offerings from the other companies but I'd like some reviews from those that have compared some ski brands back to back.I have read some threads on the Stryke ski but never really saw any of the info I'm looking for,as in a comparo with other skis.I know there are a lot of things to factor in like riding style, trail vs off, carbides etc so I'm just looking for a general review.

Father liked the Stryke as much as his c&a rz. If you can get them cheap it’s worth it otherwise c&a or curve

my 2021 came with the new strike ski, I added snow tracker carbides and handles well in all conditions. I never used the new style carbide that came with the ski so I can't respond with any info on that. My only complaint is the ski seems narrow and doesn't seem to float well in deep snow. I ran 9 in VK ski's with trackers on my apex and helped out great in all conditions. I am staying mostly on trails these days but still considering a wider ski.

I don’t care for the new style ski from Yamaha AT THIS POINT .. Not so much how it handles as I’m still dialing in the sled. But it’s a 2022 sled and I can’t get past why the ski rubbers Inside the ski are so small/narrow?? And it’s like the bottom of spindle can move side to side? IDK yet but I’m not sold at all on these new skis? It’s like they put the wrong sized ski rubbers on them. Guessing it’s for the shim kit? I have the shim kit and currently using sniper double down carbides 6”. O and the snow shoots right up the front hole of the ski with these carbides on. Like the skis are filled with snow. Work in progress I guess and I understand the shim idea but I’m not sold on any of yet.

Father liked the Stryke as much as his c&a rz. If you can get them cheap it’s worth it otherwise c&a or curveThis
Father liked the Stryke as much as his c&a rz. If you can get them cheap it’s worth it otherwise c&a or curve
My opinion but I had the Curves on two sleds, my Attak and my Winder. Not sure what the hype on those are but I did not care for them on either machine. I did run the SLP Mohawk’s on my 137 Winder and those were really good, no darting and turned on a dime.

I've had curves and switched to pilots last year and love them and half the weight of curves.

I really like them so far. They track nicely coupled with 6” sniper dual runners and have minimal push. They are good all around. Steering effort is light. I have no plans to change them and there is options to fine tune them to your liking.

I really like them so far. They track nicely coupled with 6” sniper dual runners and have minimal push. They are good all around. Steering effort is light. I have no plans to change them and there is options to fine tune them to your liking.
You running the stock shims? Just what came on sled?

I've had curves and switched to pilots last year and love them and half the weight of curves.
What type carbides did you run with curves and Stryker? I have curves and originally used the curve 6inch carbides then switched to snotrackers and haven’t looked back. Love the trackers on curves.

What type carbides did you run with curves and Stryker? I have curves and originally used the curve 6inch carbides then switched to snotrackers and haven’t looked back. Love the trackers on curves.
I had the curve carbides first then 6"shapers and lastly the agressive trackers. Trackers I found unpredictable and unstable at hi speed in deep snow on lakes. 6.9Pilots are awesome. Good in loose stuff and on tight trails.

Oh boy……I purchased the aggressives this year to try in place of the semis.

They work awesome on packed trails! You may like them. I just like the pilots alot more

Back