• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New to Nytro, need some advice on first mod...

Gates93

Hey guys,
Was a skidoo owner for the past 3 years but always wanted to tried the 09 Nytro XTX. So I bought one. Everything stock.
What's the first mod I should do to get more performance out of this sled?
Acceleration is my first priority, second is top end.
Thanks.

There isn't a sled made today, any brand, that doesn't need clutching. Do a search for Nytro clutching and prepare to read till next summer. Also you need to update your location on your profile. It's a site rule and the last guy who didn't do it was Jimmy Hoffa.

Actually, my first mod was to mount high vis tape to the underside of the parking brake lever. Now, if I set the brake, I will notice the next time I hop on the sled that it's set and release it and then I won't burn the belt when I ride off.

Attachments

• 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    243.5 KB · Views: 68
Grimm said:
Actually, my first mod was to mount high vis tape to the underside of the parking brake lever. Now, if I set the brake, I will notice the next time I hop on the sled that it's set and release it and then I won't burn the belt when I ride off.

LOL grimm!!! thats good advice as i did that at our club grass drags the sunday after thanksgiving!!! rode the sled from the trailer up to the starting line (about 1500') before i noticed...left the belt on anyway and got 2nd to a good running Poo in the 700 stock nonstudded class.

Do you have a certain amount of money you are willing to spend?

Cause if that number is a few thousand dollars, then just go big and put a 180hp turbo kit on it right away and get it over with.

Definately get som new skis. I ran mine with stock MTX last season, and will be running Powderhounds this year. That is the first mod i did to my sled. Wish i did'nt do any more mods - cause then my family would have got christmas presents this year.

If money isn't a problem fork out $4k-$5k for a Super Charger or Turbo kit.
If money is a concern i'd say header, plugs, k&n kit, PCV, and clutching.

billymx815 said:
If money isn't a problem fork out $4k-$5k for a Super Charger or Turbo kit.
If money is a concern i'd say header, plugs, k&n kit, PCV, and clutching.
Whats the difference between pcIII and pcV?

without sounding negative the words mods normally mean to improve there are so many standard issues with our nytro's which you tend to have to live with or mod
eating hyfaxs mod the wheels to get more life
handlebar non warmers?
front end bushes
ball joints
get these modded before more performance

Just my pounds worth :bling

GT03235 said:
without sounding negative the words mods normally mean to improve there are so many standard issues with our nytro's which you tend to have to live with or mod
eating hyfaxs mod the wheels to get more life
handlebar non warmers?
front end bushes
ball joints
get these modded before more performance

Just my pounds worth :bling
X2 ;)!

Unless you are only drag racing and don't care about the handling of the sled... start with skis, Hiperfax (an alternative to the wheel idea- easier and quicker) and a Yamaheater (unless you don't need warm hands). These simple and relatively inexpensive mods will make your riding experience much better. Then start messing with more power. Just my .02$ but if you actually trail-ride your sled, what good is tons of power if it handles like chit?

IMO the unless you are a drag racer, I'd put money into suspension/ski's and fix the little stuff before I went with performance. In stock form I feel the motor out performs the suspension/handling.

Back