• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New to RX-1

mk1mg4rx1

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2003 RX-1
Hello I am new to the whole RX-1 world.
Just recently bought a 2003 love everything about it BUT.
Took it up north for the first trip and found that I could only go 90.
Highest the RPMs would go was just over 9000.
I am going to check the carbs and try some other things to hopefully make it better.

I did read in the Tech info about tuning the RX-1.
Does anyone have a part number for the sheaves mentioned or what year they are off of?

"Tuning tip number #1 ......... install the primary sheaves off of a VK 540 (Viking)..... they are 12.5 degree vs 14 degree stock..... we are finding that it is grabbing the belt much better.... also will produce more top end hopefully by allowing the belt to have more travel (sheaves close closer!!!!!)...... try it out... the sheaves are not very expensive... we ran the stock RX-1 primary and another stock RX-1 primary other than the sheaves and gained 3 mph in 500ft of grass... enjoy.... :)"

welcome to the site!

i never had any issues with my stock clutch on my 05 rx war.

i would reccomend a new primary spring as they do get tired over time and a good cleaning as belt dust does cause the clutch to bind. with the springs out, everything should move freely by hand.

Back