• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New to Yamaha and Nytro

Oh, and I forgot...Trailtank. You'll only get about 100 miles on a tank of gas.

So I rode it about 10 miles today.

Hand warmers are fine. I am going to be switching the handle bar and grips. It looks like there is a rivet or something holding the stock grips on?

Any insight on that?

When I was running the roads - iced over with snow, it had quite the "death roll" as I would call it. When I was running 70-80 and would back off it would get real squirrelly - rear end loose and wobbling.

Mind you it has the Schmidt Bros clutch kit and 144 gold diggers

Any thoughts there?

The new Yamaha tuner skis stabilize the front ends real good on the nitros. Big difference I found with them they got rid of the squirllyness, not quite as aggressive as a single keel ski but then again you can tune them to how you like from easy to aggressive.

In my reading I haven't come across anything yet - suggestions?

I also haven't found yet anything about changing the bars beyond you're safe with 2" extra. I have an SE not an RTX - I measured about 3 3/4" so putting a 5" RSI bar should be safe I assume.

Can someone enlighten me regarding the rivet looking thing on the grips?

Skidooornothin said:
So I rode it about 10 miles today.

Hand warmers are fine. I am going to be switching the handle bar and grips. It looks like there is a rivet or something holding the stock grips on?

Any insight on that?

When I was running the roads - iced over with snow, it had quite the "death roll" as I would call it. When I was running 70-80 and would back off it would get real squirrelly - rear end loose and wobbling.

Mind you it has the Schmidt Bros clutch kit and 144 gold diggers

Any thoughts there?

Change your name to Yamahaornothin and all your problems will go away!! :tg:

That would make sense. I'm not really brand loyal - I've owned almost one of all of them. It keeps things consistent on the forums.

Last year was a Doo 4 Stroke

Year before was a Poo Assault

and so on

Got my first real ride and I must say - I love it!

I have owned 8 sleds in 8 years, averaging 1,000-2,000 miles each year so I would say I have a fair base line.

To me it truly feels like an 800 triple in a rev if that makes sense. Its a tad heavy but as with all four strokes I love the pull and torque. It's awesome in the mid range. But it handles the bumps fine and is great standing up. I can't get enough of the exhaust! It pushes just a smidge and there is minor inside ski lift but I truly don't mind either. I wouldn't want to get too high off the ground but on a couple hip jumps getting a few feet off the ground it was great. I have the 5" RSI Burandt bar and C&A XTX's and I see absolutely no need for the OFT relocator or any other steering adjustments. My shocks have 3200 miles on them so they will last this season but they will be off to Ian at Monster in the spring so he can work his magic.

I did notice a spooling / whining sound consistent with the rpms - I was hoping they guy I bought it from had a turbo and didn't tell me but obviously not the case. That's the best example I can give of the noise would be a turbo spooling, not sure if that's normal?

It does trench but it's a shorty so I'm not disappointed there either.

Overall I love the sled!

Nytro

The noises are normal. When u start up a cold machine you may get a lot of racket from the clutch. When riding, enjoy the Turbo sound even if it doesn't have one. This is a freebie from the folks at Yamaha! Don't try an XTX as you will want one. Skiis , tank buddy and skid plate are the musts IMO. Live with the little ski lift you may get on these machines, however ride it hard and aggressive and welcome to the Nytro!

Back