• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Trailer- How do you load.

So I loaded the three sleds that I have now in the trailer, from the rear with them all facing forward. I’m going to have to load them from the front facing out the back, or in the 69 position ( if loading from the rear) to get the 4 in the trailer, as there wasn’t a lot of room leftover. I will have to play with the configuration in fall once I have all four sleds, as the trailer is in summer storage now.
Thanks for your comments and recommendations.
Scott

I have a 7x22+5’ V always load from the front. Much easier to unload heading out the back. We load 153,146, and 2-144’s that way but it is tight

I just bought a 2021 Legend 14 ft with a 5 ft V. Inline. 7 ft wide inside. 19 ft total with the V. Will I be able to fit 2 Yamaha XTS. Vectors. 146 inside? Or do I need to buy 1 Sidewinder or Thundercat 137. With King Air. To make this work. The trailer is so nice. My Wife is trying to figure out how we can camp in it! Lol!

You will get them in there. One might need to go in backwards but you might get them both in frontwards with them staggered With one tight in the nose.

i used to get 3 136” sleds into a 20’+5’ x 6’ wide trailer. I get 1 151, 1 144, 1 146 and 2 136 sleds into a 20’+5’ x 8’ trailer now.

I just bought a 2021 Legend 14 ft with a 5 ft V. Inline. 7 ft wide inside. 19 ft total with the V. Will I be able to fit 2 Yamaha XTS. Vectors. 146 inside? Or do I need to buy 1 Sidewinder or Thundercat 137. With King Air. To make this work. The trailer is so nice. My Wife is trying to figure out how we can camp in it! Lol!
Unfortunately you will need to buy the winder and T cat give 1 to me -THEN it will all fit and look right in the trailer.

I have a 7 foot trailer and find with staggering right and left its amazing how sleds fit. I have never had to put one in backwards but hear of it often- I doubt you will need to do this.

Suggested caliber snow products

Thanks for your input. Guess I will have to wait on the Winder. At least I finally got the trailer!

Suggested caliber snow products
Unfortunately, those ski guides get complicated with the criss-crossing when installing them in the in-line trailers; not so much with the traditional 8'ft wide trailers though. I used to use Luan plywood to place over my flooring as a means to protect it and surprisingly enough; it held up quite well for 9yrs. The original flooring looks like new with nothing torn up by wear bars and studs. After seeing what my friends have used for their flooring in their snowmobile trailers, I recently put this down:

https://www.menards.com/main/floori...22-c-6614.htm?tid=-6032303019401556977&ipos=1

I have a 7.5ft wide x 16ft + 5ft V-nose trailer and the rolls at Menards come in 7.5ft x 17ft. I was able to use scrap pieces that my friends had leftover for the V-nose otherwise I would have just used another sheet of Luan for it. The nice thing about this flooring is that even though its rubber, the sleds go across it real easy and you can even slide the sleds around better too. Sweeping out the snow is also a breeze although my buddies have resorted to using a leaf blower as the snow doesn't pack to it like plywood. The coin pattern also makes it have better traction when walking on it but with it being slick enough for the sleds to slide around, you do have to be cautious; much like the ski guides on ramp doors.

Before:
Before.JPG

After (Well not the final look but a work-in-progress as I can't find my finished photo):
After.JPG

Unfortunately, those ski guides get complicated with the criss-crossing when installing them in the in-line trailers; not so much with the traditional 8'ft wide trailers though. I used to use Luan plywood to place over my flooring as a means to protect it and surprisingly enough; it held up quite well for 9yrs. The original flooring looks like new with nothing torn up by wear bars and studs. After seeing what my friends have used for their flooring in their snowmobile trailers, I recently put this down:

https://www.menards.com/main/floori...22-c-6614.htm?tid=-6032303019401556977&ipos=1

I have a 7.5ft wide x 16ft + 5ft V-nose trailer and the rolls at Menards come in 7.5ft x 17ft. I was able to use scrap pieces that my friends had leftover for the V-nose otherwise I would have just used another sheet of Luan for it. The nice thing about this flooring is that even though its rubber, the sleds go across it real easy and you can even slide the sleds around better too. Sweeping out the snow is also a breeze although my buddies have resorted to using a leaf blower as the snow doesn't pack to it like plywood. The coin pattern also makes it have better traction when walking on it but with it being slick enough for the sleds to slide around, you do have to be cautious; much like the ski guides on ramp doors.

That's actually a type of vinyl, not really rubber. That's why the sleds slide across it decent.

I don't see a sled tie down strip?
Anyway, I have the same sheet designed product in my ATV trailer only diamond plate design. The ATV has caused the sheet product to breakaway from the glue and clump-up in one or two places. I press it back down with my foot. I guess the fix is to slice the clump and re-glue. It does improve the look of the inside of the trailer.

I don't see a sled tie down strip?
Anyway, I have the same sheet designed product in my ATV trailer only diamond plate design. The ATV has caused the sheet product to breakaway from the glue and clump-up in one or two places. I press it back down with my foot. I guess the fix is to slice the clump and re-glue. It does improve the look of the inside of the trailer.
That pick was more of work-in-progress pic as I hadn't trim the flooring yet nor had I cut out the holes for the tie downs. Here's what it looks like now. We did not glue the flooring down but instead used these truss screws. Although it does bubble a little in summer like you can see in picture but wants it gets cold out, it lays down and never had an issue with the flooring bunching up.
Final.JPG
Screw.JPG

Thanks I try those screws but the rubber/vinyl may already stretched in my case. A finished washer would also work but a little more money. Another problem I had was finding short tie down straps. I understand you can buy straps and cut them, but if you can find pickup truck ramp tie down straps they they come in 6 feet. and the ratchet is designed for 6' not 8', 10' or 12'

Back