• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Yamaha Drive System for 2011?

U can for about $1600 either a Micro belmont billet unit or a Supreme tool that is even more both can handle the rpms or big horsepower

LazyBastard said:
To answer my own question....

I found a claim like this somewhere "out there"....
A non-lockup TC absorbs ~2-7% of total engine power due to the "slippage" that exists between the impeller and turbine.

Assuming that you had a real good TC, on the low-loss end of that claim, 2% loss in efficiency seems excellent, and I would guess better than any existing sled transmission. Hmm... there may be a new experiment being planned out in the back of my brain.

Also note: A TC using hoses with a valve block would make for a very clean reverse.

This approach would also eliminate all torque related chassis stress, need for aligning the engine, allow significant weight reduction due to less motor mount, no chaincase, etc.

And of course, throw in a spring, piston, and shock absorber somewhere on the high-pressure side of things and all motor roughness would be absorbed.
I think you have nailed it ......This along with powersteering would be mind blowing smoothens with no jar in the handle bars ...... Only thing left to do is make it electric but im guessing polaris to go that route first some day soon like the ranger is all ready is to bad it is slow as hell :yam:

TurboJamie said:
I would personally like to see a clutch capible of taking the 11,000 rpm that motor turns and removal of the gear reduction system.

Here it is, just not in a consumer app. ;)!

Attachments

• 6 Direct drive transmission..jpg
    6 Direct drive transmission..jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 97
  • 7 Pulleys and direct drive disposition.jpg
    7 Pulleys and direct drive disposition.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 94
  • 8 Direct drive shifting mechanism.jpg
    8 Direct drive shifting mechanism.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 99
  • Drv1.jpg
    Drv1.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 97
  • Drv2.jpg
    Drv2.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 99
  • Drv3.jpg
    Drv3.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 104
  • G-FORCE CLUTCH 2.jpg
    G-FORCE CLUTCH 2.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 97
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 162
If you look back through the patents yamaha applided for there was one on a cvt slipper,or sprag type clutch that was in there with the power steering ones. As we know the power steering one is here. Just think how much smoother this sled would be if there was 0 deceleration,against the motor, when you let off the throttle.

Back