• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Yamaha Skis

gt4472

Veteran
How does everyone like their new Yamaha skis? Mine are very darty with 4" and 2" of carbide, going to try 4 and 0 carbide.
GT

I have the same set up on my 2012 Apex and they work great. Rode it back to back with a 2012 Vector with stock skis and it was a big difference. Maybe check your toe

I love mine to date. No darting noted.

Not much trail time mostly lake. I would check your toe should not be darty just based on other two keel systems.
I have the aggressive 11/6 square in and 11/4 round outside. My toe is set about an 1/8th out with slight tension to take the slack out.

My son and I were just talking of putting them on the Apex as well as the Vector they are on now.

I started with 6" on the inside and 4" outer and was too much bite for my liking, a bit of over steer and heavy steering. I switched to the 4 inner, 2 outer and now they work awesome..No darting and and steers easy through the corners

SKIS

I have the same setup, they dart and give you a very uneasy feeling. Put snow trackers on and the sled is perfect, no darting and handle great. Sold my tuner skis yeserday. Even tried cobra head carbides with shimmed skis and they worked better than the tuners.

I love my tuner skiis. Never had a darting issue before but the machine is much easier to handle especially when I double the wife!! I believe I have 4" on the inside and ourside because I didnt have a choice when I purchased my rails.......they are back ordered from Yamaha.......imagine!!!

viperdougc said:
I love my tuner skiis. Never had a darting issue before but the machine is much easier to handle especially when I double the wife!! I believe I have 4" on the inside and ourside because I didnt have a choice when I purchased my rails.......they are back ordered from Yamaha.......imagine!!!

One wife is enough for me. LOL!

I also had darting with tuners on non groomed trails, no studs I had 4 inch inside and out. Plans in adjusting the toe tomorrow, so far I like them better then stock but need to keep 'tuning'

Great Skis, I have an agressive set up 6 inside and 6 outside. Dart a little bit but nothing to worry about. First time that I have skis that turns in any kind of condition. Its the perfect match with the EPS

Back