• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Yamaha vs 2006 Attack vs Ski doo 1200 GSX se

what kind of conditions do you drive in for them to be so bad handling sleds,i'm confused ,everybody around here absolutly love there apexes,my vector is on rails,i giggle everytime i ride it,and i dont baby it,some say the 1200 doo handle terrible,so where do one beleive everything that is said on forums

I still see a lot of other brands being pulled home. My Yamaha has taken me and the wife home everytime since 2004 when I bought my rx1. The others just cant come close to that kind of reliability and on the trail away from home to me that means everything. Sure it may be heavier but when you build something with quality it usually weighs more. I will take some of the short comings of a Yamaha to get the reliability and knowing I wont be walking home. Same belts since 2004 as well have not touched a bearing yet and I dont pry the covers off and grease them either. Change the oil once a year and I am done. Same hyfax for three of four seasons now and they are still good on proaction 151 with 2" paddles.

Re: sled

Direct Attack said:
lawndoctor said:
The 1200 certainly is less powerful than the Attack however not really by much. No problems to date with the Doo whatsoever. I've dropped 40-50 pounds out of my Attack and the Doo is still much easier to corner with. My Attack is dialed in very well with most every component aftermarket and quite frankley I would rather take the Doo when the wife and I go cruising/touring. They are both good sleds but you really should ride them both because they are definately different sleds.
Thanks for sharing this info with me.
I can say we rode both doos and yammis at the demos in colebrook N.H. and the new EPS on the apex made it feel as light as the doo 1200 renigade we drove,in all fairness,both yammi and doo,did little to set up the sleds for my riding style,or gave us a long enough rode test time to really get to know what the sleds could do. But the long track doos pushed real bad,the xtx yammis did not push,and with the PS felt better suited for me. ;)!

Re: sled

mnmsnowbeast said:
Direct Attack said:
lawndoctor said:
The 1200 certainly is less powerful than the Attack however not really by much. No problems to date with the Doo whatsoever. I've dropped 40-50 pounds out of my Attack and the Doo is still much easier to corner with. My Attack is dialed in very well with most every component aftermarket and quite frankley I would rather take the Doo when the wife and I go cruising/touring. They are both good sleds but you really should ride them both because they are definately different sleds.
Thanks for sharing this info with me.
I can say we rode both doos and yammis at the demos in colebrook N.H. and the new EPS on the apex made it feel as light as the doo 1200 renigade we drove,in all fairness,both yammi and doo,did little to set up the sleds for my riding style,or gave us a long enough rode test time to really get to know what the sleds could do. But the long track doos pushed real bad,the xtx yammis did not push,and with the PS felt better suited for me. ;)!

How would you compare the power and throttle response between the two sleds?

The Doo 1200 pulls as hard as the Attak but doesn't have quite the same top end. The 20 > 80 mph is really good. After that it starts to flatten out. Probably 5 mph slower at top end. Corners really good when u get used 2 the ride 4ward.

Back