• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

News from Big East Powersports show

nydiver

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
09 Nytro XTX
09 Nytro RTX
91 Phazer II (gotta have a classic / kids bomber :) )
Just got back from BEPS and now can't find my data cable to get the pics I took. In any case the show is pretty cool.

Saw a few deals on leftover jackets, helmets, gloves but to me it was almost like collusion, anything Klim was maybe low retail, normal interwebs, and it was the same price no matter which vendor you hit. In the Yamaha vendor they had leftover 4 stroke jackets for like 189, I got in a long discussion with a guy over Split Ski's (which were 699 show priced) and he raved about how awesome they are and how he can't wait for the Viper version to launch Januaryish. I also got told that my ripsaw track sucks and I need to rip it out now for a rip2 and 1.75 studs. I had to dismiss myself when he started in with ice picking for Tug Hill trail riding.

I talked to Dwayne over at Sno-Caps. The product is built like a tank, and he swore like a trucker but I thought pretty seriously about throwing down the 1050 for a cover for my 10' load rite. Best to sleep on any investment like that.

Talked to D&D about their magnetic clutch kit for the ol Nytro, $399. They also suggested mating it with their can for another 425. Have to think more on that one too, I want to clutch the sled, but I'll ride it a few times and then do it so I can feel the difference and feel better about my investment.

Talked to Hygear, and maybe it was just me, but I told the guy I was thinking of bringing in my gytr's from the XTX to have them rebuilt and valved, he started to talk about how I needed to toss my rear skid shock due to a weak body (which I have heard before) and go with a new shock of their creation when one of his buds walks up, he stops mid-sentence and fist bumps this guy and starts a full conversation with him. I decide after about 30 seconds, well screw this, and back away from the table, his friend pushes right into my space and now the guy figures it out that I'm steppin' yells out "Hey, I thought we were discussing shocks" No, I was, you clearly have more important things to discuss with your bro. That left a bad taste in my mouth, it wasn't covertly rude, it was straight in your face rude.

Found Rock and the Rockettes and proceeded to buy everything he could sell me, heater with boost and thumb, HID's, helmet speaker system, power port, heated pocket, the entire Rock lineup. He also agreed to distribute the TY decals, which are pretty darn nice if I do say so myself. So stop by his booth, grab a free TY decal and BUY SOMETHING!

Bought a spare OEM belt from I think it was Bender for $50 (I haggled him down just a little). They had a BOATLOAD of woody's studs and he said he could hook me up for my 144 with double backer studs for around 250 if I would take them drop shipped, which I didn't think sounded too bad.

I didn't get to go downstairs so I don't know what was going on down there, I'll hit that Sunday. Didn't run into anyone else, but then I wasn't really hanging out much at Rocks which seemed to have a few Yama guys always hovering.

Hope to run into a few of you on Sunday. If I can get a few pics up I will.

[QUOTE="nydiver, post: 1240714, member: 25558"
I talked to Dwayne over at Sno-Caps. The product is built like a tank, and he swore like a trucker but I thought pretty seriously about throwing down the 1050 for a cover for my 10' load rite. Best to sleep on any investment like that.[/QUOTE]

I think I am going into my 5th season with a Sno-Cap cover on an 18" Floe and I cant say enough good things about the cover. It is holding up great and still easy to use. It is a cost effective alternative to an aluminum covered trailer. G.B.

Yup I have one that is 7 yrs old. I had one on a 20' sled bed but sold that for my 24' car hauler that has lights, heat and can carry my cars. the 10' I had built extra tall so I can put anything in it. I did have to replace the zippers once and the material is finally due for fabric sealer.

Got home last night, Not that I wear there stuff (15+ year old Beiffe MX helmet, smith goggles, coldwave bibs, gloves and a 8 year old Yamaha jacket. Yes I'm a cheap f%*k ;)!) but the Klim and 509 dealers must have a meeting on Thursday before the show to set the prices cause every booth was within a few bucks of each other. 160$ for Klim gauntlet gloves !!!!! :rofl:Stopped by Rocz, shot the breeze awhile and picked up a set of HIDs for the Attak and 2 TY sticker's (they look great :Rockon:). Was looking for a 136" Ice Attack XT track but since Hudon's was a no show this year, pickins were slim as far as tracks went. Got a oil change kit at Port Yamaha and my ""GIRLIE"" calendar. The show it self was so so. Lots of 509 and Klim gear but less venders, no MBRP, Hudon's and I didn't see a Polaris booth selling gear. Downstairs was thinner also with Highland Yamaha taking up the majority of the big room. Out of the 4 brands you can guess who had the ""LEAST"" exciting display. My buddy and I go every year (20+ for myself) cause it's tradition. I hope I'm wrong but I can see this show fizzling out in the next couple of years.

Just got back from BEPS and now can't find my data cable to get the pics I took. In any case the show is pretty cool.

Saw a few deals on leftover jackets, helmets, gloves but to me it was almost like collusion, anything Klim was maybe low retail, normal interwebs, and it was the same price no matter which vendor you hit. In the Yamaha vendor they had leftover 4 stroke jackets for like 189, I got in a long discussion with a guy over Split Ski's (which were 699 show priced) and he raved about how awesome they are and how he can't wait for the Viper version to launch Januaryish. I also got told that my ripsaw track sucks and I need to rip it out now for a rip2 and 1.75 studs. I had to dismiss myself when he started in with ice picking for Tug Hill trail riding.

I talked to Dwayne over at Sno-Caps. The product is built like a tank, and he swore like a trucker but I thought pretty seriously about throwing down the 1050 for a cover for my 10' load rite. Best to sleep on any investment like that.

Talked to D&D about their magnetic clutch kit for the ol Nytro, $399. They also suggested mating it with their can for another 425. Have to think more on that one too, I want to clutch the sled, but I'll ride it a few times and then do it so I can feel the difference and feel better about my investment.

Talked to Hygear, and maybe it was just me, but I told the guy I was thinking of bringing in my gytr's from the XTX to have them rebuilt and valved, he started to talk about how I needed to toss my rear skid shock due to a weak body (which I have heard before) and go with a new shock of their creation when one of his buds walks up, he stops mid-sentence and fist bumps this guy and starts a full conversation with him. I decide after about 30 seconds, well screw this, and back away from the table, his friend pushes right into my space and now the guy figures it out that I'm steppin' yells out "Hey, I thought we were discussing shocks" No, I was, you clearly have more important things to discuss with your bro. That left a bad taste in my mouth, it wasn't covertly rude, it was straight in your face rude.

Found Rock and the Rockettes and proceeded to buy everything he could sell me, heater with boost and thumb, HID's, helmet speaker system, power port, heated pocket, the entire Rock lineup. He also agreed to distribute the TY decals, which are pretty darn nice if I do say so myself. So stop by his booth, grab a free TY decal and BUY SOMETHING!

Bought a spare OEM belt from I think it was Bender for $50 (I haggled him down just a little). They had a BOATLOAD of woody's studs and he said he could hook me up for my 144 with double backer studs for around 250 if I would take them drop shipped, which I didn't think sounded too bad.

I didn't get to go downstairs so I don't know what was going on down there, I'll hit that Sunday. Didn't run into anyone else, but then I wasn't really hanging out much at Rocks which seemed to have a few Yama guys always hovering.

You should have went down stairs, Highland Yamaha had brand new 8DN belts for $49 with out having to haggle and they had way better deals on Yamaha clothing than the booths upstairs.

The guys from the PowerModz youtube channel had a booth downstairs, wicked cool guys to talk too and build some pretty wild stuff.

That really sucks to hear about the service from Hygear, but you will be doing yourself a favor by riding your sled and messing around with some shock and spring settings before you fork out some serious cash for stuff that's not needed because when NY state trails are groomed they are awesome and when they aren't they suck no matter what you have done to your suspension.

Today I did venture downstairs, got a set of graphite sliders for 25, looked at the Cortech stuff but with a team jacket and bibs in the closet I just couldn't justify the spend, plus it wasn't blue which is more or less my desired coloring. Highland did have the blue to white fade 4stroke jacket, but it was more than what I can get it for online and they weren't bargainers (their loss, I would of bought at the online price to have it today, I would of even paid taxes) I then headed up stairs again and wandered the floor. Ended up buying a Ram mount kit and QY charge kit for my iphone which I will be reviewing once I get my risers made to mount the Ram ball to. Tried to talk to a vendor on the TekVest but he had a fish for 3 vests on the line and with only an hour left after about 5 minutes I wandered away, he was at 319 for the Super Sport which now I see is straight retail. Caught another vendor getting antsy and ready to take off, and scored a BN C&A mount kit for some ski's I bought here for $20. Gave away about 70 more TY decals while wandering around too, I have no shame, you got a yama bag, your getting stopped and talked to :)

sweet, let us know how the iPhone mount works in the cold, mine hated to be in my jacket pocket and wouldn't work in the cold.

Crowds were WAY down on Sunday afternoon. In years past its been wall to wall people. I've been going for about 5 years now and it seems like less and less people show up every year. Maybe its the $9 entry fee or the $9 parking or maybe its the crappy overpriced $4 hotdog.

I agree, all the retailers/dealers must have a meeting before the show because there are no deals to be found. Prices for the same product are all within $5 between dealers and none of the pricing is different than you can get everyday online.

I stopped by Yamaheater booth to say hi to @Rockmeister and the Rockettes and picked up his HID lights. I've been eyeing them for 2 years now and I am glad I pulled the trigger.

Louis Skebo from PowerModz was there. Stopped in to say hi to him and check out his builds. I've been watching his crazy Poo and Doo builds on Youtube for years. He is now putting a RX1 turbo motor in a Yami VK chassis and converting a Doo Elan into a 174" with an 827 big bore kit.

I wish I could say more positive things, but other than the bright spots above, it was a disappointment. If it wasn't for Rock and PowerModz, I don't think the $22 in tickets and parking was worth it.

Crowds were WAY down on Sunday afternoon. In years past its been wall to wall people. I've been going for about 5 years now and it seems like less and less people show up every year. Maybe its the $9 entry fee or the $9 parking or maybe its the crappy overpriced $4 hotdog.

I agree, all the retailers/dealers must have a meeting before the show because there are no deals to be found. Prices for the same product are all within $5 between dealers and none of the pricing is different than you can get everyday online.

I stopped by Yamaheater booth to say hi to @Rockmeister and the Rockettes and picked up his HID lights. I've been eyeing them for 2 years now and I am glad I pulled the trigger.

Louis Skebo from PowerModz was there. Stopped in to say hi to him and check out his builds. I've been watching his crazy Poo and Doo builds on Youtube for years. He is now putting a RX1 turbo motor in a Yami VK chassis and converting a Doo Elan into a 174" with an 827 big bore kit.

I wish I could say more positive things, but other than the bright spots above, it was a disappointment. If it wasn't for Rock and PowerModz, I don't think the $22 in tickets and parking was worth it.

Power Modz should have been upstairs in the center of the event IMO. Louie and his camera man Simon were very cool, tried to talk him into doing more Yamaha builds lol.

I parked right next to the Everson on the street for free today, Friday I got the no Vaseline $9 treatment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear about your Hygear treatment, I found Ross to be a great guy, Stopped at their shop one afternoon to pick up a set of slicast arms for my nytro. Asked If I could get a tour of the facility, The guy at the counter went and got Ross who personally spent about an hour walking me around their shop, explaining what they do, how the test and design products.. It was a very positive experience.. Give them another shot. I know from personal experiences at trade shows in my line of work it can be hard to manage time with customers appropriately..

Nice... I like the Rockettes..LOL .. over all did you meet up with a bunch of users?

Several people said they were looky's or lurkers, some hit once in while. My hope is we caught the eye and fingers of a few people who didn't know we exist or that didn't realize how active the site can be with help. If it causes the site to get 1 more person then it was all worth the time it took to print and cut all those decals. BTW can you message me an address so I can send you a pile of the decals.

Several people said they were looky's or lurkers, some hit once in while. My hope is we caught the eye and fingers of a few people who didn't know we exist or that didn't realize how active the site can be with help. If it causes the site to get 1 more person then it was all worth the time it took to print and cut all those decals. BTW can you message me an address so I can send you a pile of the decals.
I really appreciate the effort. Thank you!!

Back